The Fourth Messenger has just completed a weeklong run at the New York Musical Festival, including several sold out shows. Vienna’s score was praised as “delightfully eclectic” and “haunting; the harmonies were complex and memorable.”
The studio album of The Fourth Messenger featuring Vienna as Mama Sid is available on iTunes, as well as physical CDs and the script through Port Merchandise.
After a successful premiere run in 2013, Vienna’s first musical project with playwright Tanya Shaffer will now be available on a studio recording. The complete script will also be released to provide context for the songs. The Fourth Messenger album will be released on November 10, 2015 in digital and CD formats, and the script will be available as a PDF and collectible book. Vienna sings the lead role of Mama Sid, a modern, female version of the Buddha with a hidden past. Pre-order now on Bandcamp.
To celebrate, Vienna and company will perform at two release shows in the Bay Area:
Sat 7 Nov Berkeley, CA – Freight & Salvage
Sun 8 Nov Mill Valley, CA – Throckmorton Theatre
The main shows will be comprised of Fourth Messenger songs, followed by a meet-and-greet and signing, and then an all-request afterparty set in the spirit of the Bay Area holiday tradition.
Photos of the recording sessions by Aims tour photographer Karen Shih can be found on The Fourth Messenger‘s Facebook page.
Aims has celebrated several notable milestones in the months since its release, including:
- Debuting at #4 on Billboard‘s Heatseekers Albums chart
- The video for “Level Up” is one of Kickstarter’s most funded music projects
- Inclusion in Best of 2013 lists by the NJ Star-Ledger, Glide Magazine, and the Huffington Post
- Numerous requests to adapt “The Hymn of Acxiom” for different formats, including an arrangement in the works by renowned choral composer Eric Whitacre, a performance by Vocal Art Ensemble of Sweden, inquiries in Brian (Hoot) Gibson’s arrangement for Coastal Sound Youth Choir, and included in this year’s program for The Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps
- As of this post, over 70,000 views of the “Level Up” video
- Winner in four categories of The 13th Independent Music Awards, the most any artist has received in a given year. A panel of distinguished judges voted on the awards, including Ann Wilson & Nancy Wilson of Heart, Suzanne Vega, G. Love, Judy Collins, Terry McBride (CEO of Nettwerk Music Group), and many more.
Aims – Adult Contemporary Album
“The Hymn of Acxiom” – A Cappella Song
“Level Up” – Pop Song
“Level Up” – Social Action Song
Online music fan voting for The 13th IMA Vox Pop Winners will be open until midnight, July 18.
For today’s album release, WIRED has published a feature with Stephen Von Worley of Data Pointed, creator of the map of the Detroit used on the cover of Aims. Both Von Worley and Vienna weigh in on their interpretations of the data.
The album is now available to purchase digitally on iTunes, Amazon, and losslessly on Bandcamp. Digital and physical versions are available through Port Merchandise. Stream it for free, and share it with your friends on Spotify, Rdio, and SoundCloud.