Thursday, July 30, 2015
After a successful premiere run in 2013, Vienna’s first musical project with playwright Tanya Shaffer will now be available on a studio recording. Digital and physical pre-orders for the album and script of The Fourth Messenger can be found on Bandcamp, to be released on October 27. Vienna sings the lead role of Mama Sid, a modern, female version of the Buddha with a hidden past.
To celebrate, Vienna and company will perform at two release shows in the Bay Area:
Sat 7 Nov Berkeley, CA – Freight & Salvage
Sun 8 Nov Mill Valley, CA – Throckmorton Theatre
The main shows will be comprised of Fourth Messenger songs, followed by a meet-and-greet and signing, and then an all-request afterparty set in the spirit of the Bay Area holiday tradition.
Photos of the recording sessions by Aims tour photographer Karen Shih can be found on The Fourth Messenger‘s Facebook page.
Monday, February 16, 2015
Vienna brings her solo, all-request show format to the northeastern United States for an intimate week-long tour. Joining her will be folk-rock duo The Bollands, touring the U.S. for the first time.
19 Apr: Portland, ME
20 Apr: Northampton, MA
21 Apr: Somerville, MA
23 Apr: New York City, NY
24 Apr: Philadelphia, PA – VIP upgrade available
25 Apr: Washington, D.C.
Details for all tour dates are on the shows page.
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
[updated 20 August 2014]
As part of Vienna’s Kickstarter campaign last year, she promised to tour the Asia Pacific region for the first time if the last stretch goal was met—and fans came through in spades, finishing the campaign with over 1,450 backers!
Vienna will perform solo in seven countries throughout the month of August, starting in Australia on August 6. Along the way she’ll join forces with jazz singer-songwriter Carsie Blanton, foot-stomping folk trio The Bollands, and many friends both old and new. (Organizing this tour has been an adventure in itself—special thanks to The Bollands, Keiji Matsumoto, Corey Takimoto, and Requiem Rising for all their amazing help over the past few months.)
6 Aug: Melbourne – with Carsie Blanton
7 Aug: Sydney (Newtown) – with Carsie Blanton
9 Aug: Canberra – with Carsie Blanton
SINGAPORE & MALAYSIA
13 Aug: Singapore
14 Aug: Kuala Lumpur
16 & 17 Aug: Tokyo (Kamakura)
18 & 19 Aug: Manila (Quezon City)
20 & 21 Aug: Taipei
22 Aug: Shenzhen
23 Aug: Hong Kong
25 Aug: Beijing (cancelled)
26 Aug: Shanghai
Check the shows page for updates, including venues and ticket information as they become available.
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Aims has celebrated several notable milestones in the months since its release, including:
- Debuting at #4 on Billboard‘s Heatseekers Albums chart
- The video for “Level Up” is one of Kickstarter’s most funded music projects
- Inclusion in Best of 2013 lists by the NJ Star-Ledger, Glide Magazine, and the Huffington Post
- Numerous requests to adapt “The Hymn of Acxiom” for different formats, including an arrangement in the works by renowned choral composer Eric Whitacre, a performance by Vocal Art Ensemble of Sweden, inquiries in Brian (Hoot) Gibson’s arrangement for Coastal Sound Youth Choir, and included in this year’s program for The Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps
- As of this post, over 70,000 views of the “Level Up” video
- Winner in four categories of The 13th Independent Music Awards, the most any artist has received in a given year. A panel of distinguished judges voted on the awards, including Ann Wilson & Nancy Wilson of Heart, Suzanne Vega, G. Love, Judy Collins, Terry McBride (CEO of Nettwerk Music Group), and many more.
Aims – Adult Contemporary Album
“The Hymn of Acxiom” – A Cappella Song
“Level Up” – Pop Song
“Level Up” – Social Action Song
Online music fan voting for The 13th IMA Vox Pop Winners will be open until midnight, July 18.
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
The crowd-funded video for “Level Up” is now available to watch, premiered by USA Today!
For the full list of people involved in the making of the video—including the many Kickstarter backers who contributed to Vienna’s campaign—check out the “Level Up” video credits page.