Wednesday, July 2, 2014
[updated 20 August 2014]
As part of Vienna’s Kickstarter campaign last year, she promised to tour the Asia Pacific region for the first time if the last stretch goal was met—and fans came through in spades, finishing the campaign with over 1,450 backers!
Vienna will perform solo in seven countries throughout the month of August, starting in Australia on August 6. Along the way she’ll join forces with jazz singer-songwriter Carsie Blanton, foot-stomping folk trio The Bollands, and many friends both old and new. (Organizing this tour has been an adventure in itself—special thanks to The Bollands, Keiji Matsumoto, Corey Takimoto, and Requiem Rising for all their amazing help over the past few months.)
6 Aug: Melbourne – with Carsie Blanton
7 Aug: Sydney (Newtown) – with Carsie Blanton
9 Aug: Canberra – with Carsie Blanton
SINGAPORE & MALAYSIA
13 Aug: Singapore
14 Aug: Kuala Lumpur
16 & 17 Aug: Tokyo (Kamakura)
18 & 19 Aug: Manila (Quezon City)
20 & 21 Aug: Taipei
22 Aug: Shenzhen
23 Aug: Hong Kong
25 Aug: Beijing (cancelled)
26 Aug: Shanghai
Check the shows page for updates, including venues and ticket information as they become available.
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Aims has celebrated several notable milestones in the months since its release, including:
- Debuting at #4 on Billboard‘s Heatseekers Albums chart
- The video for "Level Up" is one of Kickstarter’s most funded music projects
- Inclusion in Best of 2013 lists by the NJ Star-Ledger, Glide Magazine, and the Huffington Post
- Numerous requests to adapt "The Hymn of Acxiom" for different formats, including an arrangement in the works by renowned choral composer Eric Whitacre, a performance by Vocal Art Ensemble of Sweden, inquiries in Brian (Hoot) Gibson’s arrangement for Coastal Sound Youth Choir, and included in this year’s program for The Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps
- As of this post, over 70,000 views of the "Level Up" video
- Winner in four categories of The 13th Independent Music Awards, the most any artist has received in a given year. A panel of distinguished judges voted on the awards, including Ann Wilson & Nancy Wilson of Heart, Suzanne Vega, G. Love, Judy Collins, Terry McBride (CEO of Nettwerk Music Group), and many more.
Aims – Adult Contemporary Album
"The Hymn of Acxiom" – A Cappella Song
"Level Up" – Pop Song
"Level Up" – Social Action Song
Online music fan voting for The 13th IMA Vox Pop Winners will be open until midnight, July 18.
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
The crowd-funded video for “Level Up” is now available to watch, premiered by USA Today!
For the full list of people involved in the making of the video—including the many Kickstarter backers who contributed to Vienna’s campaign—check out the "Level Up" video credits page.
Thursday, October 3, 2013
NPR’s Mountain Stage will be broadcasting part of Vienna’s performance from July on affiliate stations starting on Saturday, October 4. Visit YouTube to watch her mashup of "Ain’t No Sunshine" by Bill Withers and "Lose Yourself" by Eminem, and stream the entire set on NPR’s site.
Coinciding with Vienna’s birthday, "Level Up" will be featured on San Francisco Bay Area radio station KFOG’s New Releases Thursday on October 3. Tune in all day to hear it, including around 8 AM Pacific time during The KFOG Morning Show, then vote in their sidebar poll for "Level Up" as your favorite new release.
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
For today’s album release, WIRED has published a feature with Stephen Von Worley of Data Pointed, creator of the map of the Detroit used on the cover of Aims. Both Von Worley and Vienna weigh in on their interpretations of the data.
The album is now available to purchase digitally on iTunes, Amazon, and losslessly on Bandcamp. Digital and physical versions are available through Port Merchandise. Stream it for free, and share it with your friends on Spotify, Rdio, and SoundCloud.