[updated 8 July 2014]
As part of Vienna’s Kickstarter campaign last year, she promised to tour the Asia Pacific region for the first time if the last stretch goal was met—and fans came through in spades, finishing the campaign with over 1,450 backers!
Vienna will perform solo in seven countries throughout the month of August, starting in Australia on August 6. Along the way she’ll join forces with jazz singer-songwriter Carsie Blanton, foot-stomping folk trio The Bollands, and many friends both old and new. (Organizing this tour has been an adventure in itself—special thanks to The Bollands, Keiji Matsumoto, Corey Takimoto, and Requiem Rising for all their amazing help over the past few months.)
6 Aug: Melbourne – with Carsie Blanton
7 Aug: Sydney (Newtown) – with Carsie Blanton
9 Aug: Canberra – with Carsie Blanton
SINGAPORE & MALAYSIA
13 Aug: Singapore
14 Aug: Kuala Lumpur
16 & 17 Aug: Tokyo (Kamakura)
18 Aug: Manila (Quezon City)
20 Aug: Taipei
22 Aug: Shenzhen
23 Aug: Hong Kong
24-26 Aug: TBD
Check the shows page for updates, including venues and ticket information as they become available.
Aims has celebrated several notable milestones in the months since its release, including:
- Debuting at #4 on Billboard‘s Heatseekers Albums chart
- The video for "Level Up" is one of Kickstarter’s most funded music projects
- Inclusion in Best of 2013 lists by the NJ Star-Ledger, Glide Magazine, and the Huffington Post
- Numerous requests to adapt "The Hymn of Acxiom" for different formats, including an arrangement in the works by renowned choral composer Eric Whitacre, a performance by Vocal Art Ensemble of Sweden, inquiries in Brian (Hoot) Gibson’s arrangement for Coastal Sound Youth Choir, and included in this year’s program for The Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps
- As of this post, over 70,000 views of the "Level Up" video
- Winner in four categories of The 13th Independent Music Awards, the most any artist has received in a given year. A panel of distinguished judges voted on the awards, including Ann Wilson & Nancy Wilson of Heart, Suzanne Vega, G. Love, Judy Collins, Terry McBride (CEO of Nettwerk Music Group), and many more.
Aims – Adult Contemporary Album
"The Hymn of Acxiom" – A Cappella Song
"Level Up" – Pop Song
"Level Up" – Social Action Song
Online music fan voting for The 13th IMA Vox Pop Winners will be open until midnight, July 18.