How song moves the spirit

So many delicious treats, only two ears.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

How song moves the spirit

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:29 am

I was working out at the gym performing calisthenics and thinking pure thoughts with the exception of when a pretty girl would walk by and I was suddenly inspired by music from a show called "Family Guy" with the lead character singing his rendition of "Eye of the Tiger" It just cracked me up!
https://youtu.be/0qd6dymF73o
It reminded me of my old religious days and attending what is called a "Fast and testimony" meeting where people would get up at the podium and declare their belief which seemed to always coincide with the opening statement of "I wasn't going to get up here, but I felt compelled" which in my mind was some sort of heinous torture by God to extend my time from ending my fast by going home and getting a roast beef sandwich. My spirit at the time was willing, but I can proudly say my flesh was the weakest of any human being out there. Anyway if I was to go to the podium I would sing "Eye of the Tiger" like Peter Griffen and I am sure I would be tackled before I finished also because my voice has a tendency to throw even the piano off.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

quinn
Howdy, Stranger!

Re: How song moves the spirit

Postby quinn » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:36 pm

Ang Mo wrote:I was working out at the gym performing calisthenics and thinking pure thoughts with the exception of when a pretty girl would walk by and I was suddenly inspired by music from a show called "Family Guy" with the lead character singing his rendition of "Eye of the Tiger" It just cracked me up!
https://youtu.be/0qd6dymF73o
It reminded me of my old religious days and attending what is called a "Fast and testimony" meeting where people would get up at the podium and declare their belief which seemed to always coincide with the opening statement of "I wasn't going to get up here, but I felt compelled" which in my mind was some sort of heinous torture by God to extend my time from ending my fast by going home and getting a roast beef sandwich. My spirit at the time was willing, but I can proudly say my flesh was the weakest of any human being out there. Anyway if I was to go to the podium I would sing "Eye of the Tiger" like Peter Griffen and I am sure I would be tackled before I finished also because my voice has a tendency to throw best cat dewormer off.

Love this song!

Return to “Other Fine Cuisine”