Kyler England, she loves our cookies, lol

So many delicious treats, only two ears.

Moderator: Ginny

Kyler England, she loves our cookies, lol

Postby Steve J » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:26 am

Hey Franklin, are you out there? Kyler was in Charlotte last night and during her show, right out of the blue she stopped singing and started talking about you bringing her cookies at a show in Atlanta a while back. (She said you brought around 30,000 of them, lol) Oh, and she mentioned it was me that got people all over the country to starrt bringing her cookies, lol. She did say we all should only bring one cookie each time so she will not get a tummy, lol. (I think it's OK to take two in case Alex McKinney is with her on guitar and vocals, so he can have one too, and nobody minds when the guys get fat, lol.)
So, everyone remember the cookies when Kyler is on your town (And she will be near almost everyone's town soon.)

Scot, if she comes to Hawaii, you need to take her giant Macadamia nut cookies, hehee. ok, later....
:-)
Loyal fan/groupie/friend/ETC. of Vienna Teng, Kyler England & Taylor Roberts Music (Now "Glorydive").
Steve J
Hot Stranger

Postby Scot » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:01 am

OK - I know just the place to get some. There's a great place
nearby that has great choco-dipped mac. nut cookies. Delicious.
Of course, it'd be better if I learned to make 'em myself, but if she
comes tomorrow, I'll be ready!

How was the show, Steve?

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)
Scot
Tengster

Postby Tormented » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:42 pm

I never heard of Kyler England, but will check her out. How funny about the cookies!
"life is simple until I use my brain" - Marina V
check her out at http://www.MarinaV.com
Tormented
Cool Stranger

Postby Steve J » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:11 am

The show was great Scot. She always does so great. I go to a lot of Indie type shows and I never ever hear people in the crowd talk about the others the way they do about Kyler, regarding how amazed they are that she is not yet a big star. (I think it's a little different concerning Vienna, whom people at her shows already consider a big star.) With Kyler, I think people feel reflective about things they have been through and also uplifted by her optimism, brightness and energy, at the same time they are in awe of her talent. Between songs Saturday, I heard some guy say, WOW, what a VOICE, and several people were voicing agreement, and them some other guy YELLED out: "What a VOICE and What a BODY... plus she's nice too." LOL, and that's all true. By the way, not that looks are everything but the some of the pics from her last CD cover and her website don't do her justice. It's better to look under "Gallery" then "live photos or "promo photos" to see the real her.
Anyway she's a cool chick.....uh, I mean lady, lol.
Loyal fan/groupie/friend/ETC. of Vienna Teng, Kyler England & Taylor Roberts Music (Now "Glorydive").
Steve J
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve J » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:03 am

Oh, and by the way, here is a link to a pic of Kyler and Vienna, and from there you can also see other Kyler pics and get to her other site pages.
OK, got to go get more cookies now, lol.
Steve J
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve J » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:05 am

Steve J
Hot Stranger

Postby Jaymie » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:49 am

Kyler rocks!!
Jaymie
Howdy, Stranger!

Re: Kyler England, she loves our cookies, lol

Postby Franklin » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:23 am

Steve J wrote:Hey Franklin, are you out there? Kyler was in Charlotte last night and during her show, right out of the blue she stopped singing and started talking about you bringing her cookies at a show in Atlanta a while back. (She said you brought around 30,000 of them, lol)

OH...that is funny...it was only 20,000 I think... I buy them by the pound so I really don't know how many there where.

Steve J wrote: She did say we all should only bring one cookie each time so she will not get a tummy, lol.
:-)

One cookie the next time she comes to town can be arranged..... I just hope the bakers oven is large enough to cook one that big :wink:
I always love listening to Kyler's music and am looking fowarded to attending many more concerts.

Sorry I haven't been around but I seem to have streached my self a little thin this fall. Really cutting into my fun time.

Frank
Franklin
Cool Stranger

Postby Jessi » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:50 am

I saw Kyler last night at the Hotel Cafe, in Hollywood. She was amazing as usual, but I wanted to tell everyone that she released a new live cd this fall. It's called Live Wire and features a live performance of Higher Ground, which Vienna plays the piano and Alan and Marika did background vocals. I know she's selling the new disc at her live shows, but just checked her website and it's not available there. However, I'm supposed to hang out with her tonight so I'll suggest she put it up for ya'll who won't be able to see her live soon. Or you could probably just email her at kylerengland@yahoo.com and request a copy.
Jessi
Warm Stranger

Postby Scot » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:13 am

Thanks, Jessi-please keep is infomed. I need more Kyler!

(And Kyler needs to come to Hawaii! :>)

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)
Scot
Tengster

Postby Erik » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:56 am

Jessi wrote:I saw Kyler last night at the Hotel Cafe, in Hollywood. She was amazing as usual, but I wanted to tell everyone that she released a new live cd this fall. It's called Live Wire and features a live performance of Higher Ground, which Vienna plays the piano and Alan and Marika did background vocals. I know she's selling the new disc at her live shows, but just checked her website and it's not available there. However, I'm supposed to hang out with her tonight so I'll suggest she put it up for ya'll who won't be able to see her live soon. Or you could probably just email her at kylerengland@yahoo.com and request a copy.

Thanks to Jessi for mentioning the live cd. The track with the VT Trio is actually from my recording of the Little Fox Theater show last December. It is kind of cool to have a real cd with "my work" on it. (I didn't do any work really. I just hit record and such.)
Erik
Warm Stranger

Postby Jessi » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:45 pm

Kyler said that they're trying to put the live cd on her website for purchase.
Jessi
Warm Stranger

Postby Scot » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:00 am

Jessi wrote:Kyler said that they're trying to put the live cd on her website for purchase.

Now that calls for a W0ot! Thanks for checking on this for us!

scot
Scot
Tengster

Postby Digital » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:48 am

I think it's mentioned somewhere else, but Kyler's live CD is now available in her online store:

http://www.kylerengland.com

I've been a fan of hers for many years, watching her open for Emm Gryner back in 98 or 99. Her albums are well done, but to get a sense of her vocal strength you have to see her live.
Digital
Hot Stranger

Postby Scot » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:12 am

Digital wrote:I think it's mentioned somewhere else, but Kyler's live CD is now available in her online store:

Surfs on over to KylerEngland.com ...
Scot
Tengster

Next

Return to Other Fine Cuisine