live show taping policy: OK songs list

Got media?

Moderators: Michele, The_Man_in_Blue

Vienna
Warm Stranger

live show taping policy: OK songs list

Postby Vienna » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:30 pm

[updated 7/18/2016]

Here's the list of non-album songs that are OK to tape and distribute. I'll try to update this when appropriate. If you have questions about a specific song, feel free to ask about it here. Thanks again to all of you for your respect!
  • Curiosity (the song I wrote when I was 11—someone asked me to sing the bridge of it at a show, and you can post that, though you'll have a hard time getting me to sing the whole thing)
  • Boy At The Piano
  • Essenlied (the "fleisch mit fleisch mit fleisch..." song we made up in Germany)
  • House
  • In My Arrival
  • Nothing Left for Us to Find (written for the Sagebrush Valentine songwriting game)
  • Pencil Sketch
  • Rainwalk Song
  • Rain In England
  • Signal Fire
  • Under The Lights (written w/Ben Arthur and Abra Moore)
  • Undone
  • seedlings from The Seedling Experiment
  • song written for the end credits of What Maisie Knew
  • Go On Make Promises
Last edited by Vienna on Fri May 28, 2010 2:02 am, edited 6 times in total.

brendanstallard
Cool Stranger

Postby brendanstallard » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:18 am

Vienna,

Okay, I was the old guy who was your big fan that night at the troubadour and you were fantastic.

I recorded the concert, and I _think_ it was okay, but lordy there was a lot of mumble from the drunken "charity" fans at the bar.

I loved the song you sang for your parents and if that is not on the list of banned songs, if it comes out good, I'd love to be able to offer it. It really is a stunner, you should include that on the next album.

For people who haven't yet heard Vienna. I'm an old guy. I've heard and seen everyone.

Vienna Teng is the best, live, I've ever seen.

I can't quite work out how this young lady can have worked out all this stuff yet.

However, by cracky, I'm pleased to note that I was here to hear it.

She's the real deal. Go see.

brendan
brendan (atlanta-this week)

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:37 am

Hi, Brendan--
I'm glad you enjoyed the show so much. The song she sang for her parents was probably "Green Island Serenade." (Was it in Chinese?) If so, it's okay to release. It's a hidden track on her second album, "Warm Strangers." :) Hope you'll stick around here and get to know us all better--there is a fantastic group of people hanging out around here! ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

wigginsmum
Cool Stranger

Postby wigginsmum » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:40 pm

Brendan - which one were you? I was in the lime green velvet coat near the sound cubicle.

Jules

brendanstallard
Cool Stranger

Postby brendanstallard » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:28 pm

<<< The song she sang for her parents was probably "Green Island Serenade.">>>

Ginny,

Ah, see, I've only had the stuff that's been available on Napster so far. I've been waiting to buy the CD's at a concert, because I hope that's a better way of supporting the artist. I'll go find it on the CD, terrific, that is a beautiful song.

<<< Hope you'll stick around here >>>

Lol, I ain't going anywhere, and I'm busting to see Ms Vienna again. Truly, I've seen 'em all, and Vienna is one of the best live I've ever seen.

And....I got her to sign my CD and she shook my hand....I'll never wash it again:)

brendan

brendanstallard
Cool Stranger

Postby brendanstallard » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:31 pm

<<<brendan - which one were you? I was in the lime green velvet coat near the sound cubicle.>>>

Jules,

I was around the corner from you, big scary looking old guy, bit like a tramp.

I should have been where you were, I might have snagged the soundboard:)

I just couldn't get to the Ginglik, was impossible.

brendan

Return to “Recordings, Photos, Videos”