Live version of several Vienna solo songs

Got media?

Moderators: Michele, The_Man_in_Blue

ballegre
Warm Stranger

Postby ballegre » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:14 pm

I put all the Vienna solo pieces out there. Eight in all. I didn't even have to edit these for some reason. I thought they sounded just fine the way they were. I really like the sense of intimacy conveyed. At times it feels like Vienna is almost whispering in your ear. Please download these pieces instead of playing from the server. I'm not sure how long I can afford to use the disk space either so they may disappear without notice (it won't be for a while at least though).

Also, check out the Jay Clifford piece I have out there if your interested in other indy artists. Like Vienna, he has a great voice, is wonderful song writer and a really great guy. His band, Jump, Little Children is great too. I've been to several of their shows with my teenager daughters. If your looking for great music to share with kids, they are a good one. I actually introduced the band to them!

<a href='http://www.employees.org/~ballegre/music/music.html' target='_blank'>Vienna Live Link</a>

For more info please refer to <a href='http://viennateng.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=387&hl=' target='_blank'>this message</a>

Thanks,

Bob

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:53 am

Wo0t! Thanks, Bob!

BTW, what's the exact date of this show?

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

siral
Warm Stranger

Postby siral » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:39 am

Thanks, ballegre!!! It's nice to hear Vienna singing a Tori Amos song.. I love Tori too. And thanks for introducing Jay Clifford.. you're right.. he's got a great voice too!! :)
“What matters our creative endless toil, when at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?” - Goethe’s Faust

emma
Cool Stranger

Postby emma » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:35 pm

i can't wait to hear how she sung 1000 oceans! thanks! =)

ballegre
Warm Stranger

Postby ballegre » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:24 pm

Scot wrote:Wo0t! Thanks, Bob!

BTW, what's the exact date of this show?

scot

I can't say for sure cuz I don't remember :)

Our fellow forum member, "wolding", may know and he told me a couple of other forum members were there too who's names I also don't recall. By the way, we really own all this great music to "wolding". He was originally given the CD's of the show and was generous enough to bring copies of them to me at work! I hope to see him again at the Troubadours show this Saturday.

Bob

tontamoo
Warm Stranger

Postby tontamoo » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:31 am

You are a godsend. Thank you!!

myr heille
Cool Stranger

Postby myr heille » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:28 pm

First of all: once again, thank you for sharing those files with us! It's such a pleasure to listen to them.

But I was wondering if 1000 oceans and especially Boy at the Piano were allowed to be distributed, according to the second rule that Vienna set (On sharing audio/video of live shows: I have two simple requests, and they are
1. No money can be exchanged for it (obviously)
2. Don't distribute a song until it appears on a studio recording, unless I've declared that I won't record it
.). Now, I haven't been to any live shows as I've said before ( :( hopefully one day..) so I wouldn't know what she said about recording them.. I'm just wondering.

Anyway, even if you have to take them both down, which would be sad, I'd like to thank you simply for allowing me to listen to Unwritten Letter #1 in a live version, it's amazing!

ShaynePepper
Warm Stranger

Postby ShaynePepper » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:05 am

I'm confused about the order of these tracks. If the others are 1-8, where do The Tower, Harbor, and Enough To Go By fit in?

ballegre
Warm Stranger

Postby ballegre » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:05 pm

ShaynePepper wrote: I'm confused about the order of these tracks. If the others are 1-8, where do The Tower, Harbor, and Enough To Go By fit in?

Vienna did a set - tracks 1-8. Then Kyler did a set (not out there). Then Vienna and Kyler did a set together alternating songs and providing backup for the other. I didn't post any of the Kyler led songs because they came out very distorted and didn't think they were worth the time or disk space to post (Kyler's voice is much louder than Vienna's I guess).

Bob

ShaynePepper
Warm Stranger

Postby ShaynePepper » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:33 am

kay thanks!
it makes sense now

Sarah
Cool Stranger

Postby Sarah » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:57 am

Just pointing out that Vienna performed at the Six Strings Cafe on April 16, 2004, not May of 2004 as pointed on the website. Should clear up some confusion :D

Grey
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Grey » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:01 pm

I cannot thank you enough for posting these MP3s!

My daughter- the AnnaMarie mentioned in the intro to Shine- will absolutely go nuts when I play this for her :)

Special thanks to Vienna for playing this for her, and even more thanks to the kind people who made and distributed the recording!

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:08 am

Hi Grey!
Welcome to the forums. I'm glad that Vienna sang a song especially for your little girl. I'm sure that made the concert quite special for AnnaMarie, and you too of course. The recording will be such a nice sourvenir for y'all! :) ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

JoanneElizabeth
Cool Stranger

Postby JoanneElizabeth » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:51 am

Thank you so much! I've been dying to hear a Tori cover by Vienna for so long! AH!

PS Ginny... still never got your order... what happened?
"well you don't believe but you have to believe<br>it's still crumpled there in your back seat" <br>-<i>Shasta</i>, Vienna Teng<br><br>New music crumpled in my back seat...<br><a href='http://www.soundclick.com/JoanneElizabeth' target='_blank'>http://www.soundclick.com/JoanneElizabeth</a>

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:22 am

Hi Jo!
It's a stupid story--I thought I e-mailed you but maybe not? I was planning to get a cd and 2 poetry books then I forgot to take my coupon to LA with me when I left...then when I got back the coupon was gone, but my temporary summer roommate thought it probably got mixed into a pile of her stuff she packed so I decided to wait and see if it turns up. It hasn't yet but she won't be done moving until tomorrow....if it doesn't turn up I'll go ahead and order but I wanted to wait and see! ~Ginny :)
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Return to “Recordings, Photos, Videos”