Howdy, Stranger!

i like coffee

Postby spud » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:20 am

text

yum coffee!

byranbu
Warm Stranger

Postby byranbu » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:47 pm

Hey spud, you need at least one more choice before I can vote. I don't drink coffee, never have and never will. Tea and Mountain Dew are my source of caffeine and wisdom. :D
myspace.com/hbkake Be my friend

Laura
Warm Stranger

Postby Laura » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:49 pm

Oh man, caf! What's the point otherwise? :)

Nummie
Warm Stranger

Postby Nummie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:07 pm

absolutely caf

The best coffee I had overthere was at Tim Hortons but it also might be I just hungered for it at that moment.

The coffee here in the Netherlands is generally stronger than in the US.

Do you guys have Senseo and Nespresso machines there too?

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:52 pm

byranbu wrote:Hey spud, you need at least one more choice before I can vote. I don't drink coffee, never have and never will. Tea and Mountain Dew are my source of caffeine and wisdom. :D

Word up! (Although I usually drink Arizona Iced Tea and Snapple Lemon Iced Tea instead of the hot stuff...mainly because I'm too lazy to make the hot stuff. =D;; )
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile
http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

Laura
Warm Stranger

Postby Laura » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:00 pm

You all that don't drink coffee are the lucky ones. Don't start - it'll take hold of you and never let go. :)

(Haha, I write this as Vienna sings, "who are you, taking coffee no sugar" in my ear... now, that's something I can't do. I can go without cream just fine, but sugar is essential.)

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:01 pm

Reileen wrote:
byranbu wrote:Hey spud, you need at least one more choice before I can vote. I don't drink coffee, never have and never will. Tea and Mountain Dew are my source of caffeine and wisdom. :D

Word up! (Although I usually drink Arizona Iced Tea and Snapple Lemon Iced Tea instead of the hot stuff...mainly because I'm too lazy to make the hot stuff. =D;; )

Another "non-drinker" vote here. My late mother used to be a constant coffee drinker (or so it seemed) and I think I "rebelled" by never picking up the habit.

It's my one morning can of Coke (not diet, sorry, Ang Mo) or Dr. Pepper for my daily caffeine dose.
Chris

spyfferoni
Warm Stranger

Postby spyfferoni » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:22 pm

Another non-coffee drinker. I generally try to stay away from caffeine and soda in general. Occasionally I'll drink a diet cola, and I take supplements that have green tea extract in them. I love the smell of coffee though. I especially love the smell of the coffee isle in the grocery store when I am visiting Puerto Rico.

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:12 pm

Another non-coffee drinker who likes the smell of coffee. Not enough, though, to tell you whether I prefer the smell of decaf or regular! My drink of choice is water - half because we have such good water here, and half because I'm cheap!

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:51 am

"I don't drink coffee, I take tea my dear." - Englishman in New York (Sting)

I've always loved that line, not only because I love the song but because I don't drink coffee either. I generally avoid coffee or sodas, usually it's fruit juices, tea, or simply water.
Always look on the bright side of life.

darthscsi
Warm Stranger

Postby darthscsi » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:50 am

ben wrote:I generally avoid coffee or sodas, usually it's fruit juices, tea, or simply water.

Glad to know I am not alone :)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:04 am

Diet coke is the brew that is true!!! A sodariffic anti-depressant if ever there was one.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Eric
Getting Stranger

Postby Eric » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:18 am

My first coffee (usually an americano) of the day is caf. The next um ... several? are decaf.

Otherwise I drink water, beer, and the occasional mixed drink. Just can't get in to soft drinks/sodas/pop (depending on where you're from).
- Eric Miller: occasional forum admin, occasional webmaster -

Jade
Warm Stranger

Postby Jade » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:46 am

Another non-drinker here. I'm also caffeine-immune, as apparently Vienna is! I do like the smell of coffee and will sometimes have a mocha or some other ridiculously sweet concoction that more closely resembles a candy bar than coffee, but my preferred drinks at cafes are chai lattes and hot chocolates. And since moving to England I drink tea pretty much every day.

For a time in college I got into the habit of drinking caffeine-free Diet Coke. Everyone I knew thought I was mad. No caffeine OR sugar?! What's the point?! :roll:

Eric
Getting Stranger

Postby Eric » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:26 pm

Jade wrote:For a time in college I got into the habit of drinking caffeine-free Diet Coke. Everyone I knew thought I was mad. No caffeine OR sugar?! What's the point?! :roll:

Oh I'm with you. I can't drink non-diet soda at all. Tastes like syrup and puts me into sugar shock. I'm quite tolerant of caffeine, as well, so I too would go caffeine-free because there wouldn't be any point to going regular.

Oh and for the sake of scientific completeness in the data here ... I used to be a hard-core half-and-half user in my coffee. Not a lot of it, but whole milk wasn't the same and skim was a joke. I switched to soy about a year ago and haven't looked back. No sugar. Unless it's really bad coffee.
- Eric Miller: occasional forum admin, occasional webmaster -

Return to “The Cafe”