Stageit online performance and live chat February 18 2012

Relate your impressions from a show, post setlists, etc ...

Moderators: Ginny, The_Man_in_Blue

Stageit online performance and live chat February 18 2012

Postby Michele » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Stageit All Request Live Show!
* Feb 18, 07:00 PM PST
* 30 Min Show
* Pay What You Can

Vienna Teng will be offering a live, all request show via the comforts of her cozy home in Ann Arbor, MI.

Vienna will be donating a portion of the proceeds to a charity she will choose with the viewers throughout the show!

Vienna's done webcasts before, and she's done a realtime Q&A on Twitter, but this will be her first interactive online performance. I've been to one Stageit performance, the one Kyler had for her PledgeMusic sponsors, and that went fine. She was able to perform a good number of songs and still have time to meaningfully interact in the chat. Also, the show is scheduled for 30 minutes, but maybe if we're a good audience there will be an encore. :wink: The one thing was Kyler didn't have an optimal sound and viewing setup worked out in time for the show, but based on Vienna's video for seedling #1, I think she's going to be OK.

You can look up what time the show will be in your own time zone here.
Michele
Strange

Postby Erik » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:23 am

Setlist:
Cannonball (Damien Rice cover)
Gravity
Stray Italian Greyhound
Lullabye For a Stormy Night
Annie's Song (John Denver cover)
City Hall

Recessional
Looper Improv
Augustine
Erik
Warm Stranger

Postby Michele » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:49 am

I was expecting a pretty standard setlist, based on requests with a good number of people attending who have never gotten to see Vienna before, but the covers were nice, and the looper improv was a nice way to include something we wouldn't get at a normal show.

I notice that Glen Phillips makes a whole bunch of tickets available for his shows, but I don't know how he handles that many people in chat, or if he just glances at it occasionally or what. I thought this would be a limited show and more low key, but more tickets just kept getting added. With a request show this turned into a flood of who yelled the most often in the chat room. I didn't care, since I'm happy with anything, but the Sofa Sunday fans (the name of Glen's show) seemed to be put off. It's a tough tradeoff when more talking and interaction would mean less time for songs.

That all said - except for a couple of songs, what got played seemed to be a good number of the overlapping requests I saw, so hopefully people are happy. If not, they'll just have to watch more shows!

Before Augustine, Vienna talked about this:
Just bought an 80s wig on eBay. I may or may not be in a b-school drag show benefiting The Trevor Project.

She got up, ran into something and apologized, got the wig, and put it on for the rock song. I'll put up a screen cap later.

At the end, Vienna mentioned that the tips for the night would go to the Social Venture Fund.
Michele
Strange

Postby CrazyOne » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:40 am

Aw, heck, there's what I get for not jumping on this in Feb! I missed Cannonball. This makes it less likely I can request it in the July one. ;)

In the few actual shows I've been to Vienna didn't play Cannonball. I was able to purchase a live version from iTunes way back when, recorded on the Modern Troubadours tour. (I actually saw that show when it was in town, but they didn't play Cannonball that night.)

I've heard the original version and it does nothing for me. Cover is better than original in this case. ;)
"We in the back are all agreed that your theory is crazy. But what divides us is whether your theory is crazy enough!" --Niels Bohr
CrazyOne
Warm Stranger

Re: Stageit online performance and live chat February 18 201

Postby Scot » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:47 am

Same question - is audio or vide of this show available anwywhere?

I'm getting all these in the database at least! Thanks for all the setlists!

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)
Scot
Tengster

Return to Performances