Dar Williams

So many delicious treats, only two ears.

Moderator: Ginny

Postby Fred » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:07 pm

mlsgb wrote:I love her song "Are You Out There?". It seems like such a nice idea to write back to the radio moderators you kept listening to and telling them how they influenced your life.

That was the song that first brought Dar to my attention. They played it on the radio while I was driving home one night and I had one of those "Whoa, what was that?!" moments. I later realized I had heard a couple of her gentler ballads earlier (which I have learned to love since) but they had failed to grab my attention. It's usually the up-tempo stuff that gets to me when I am not otherwise paying attention. It's probably her most played song, although her long-time fans tend to prefer earlier stuff. Just had another such moment week before last: Amy Correia's new song Powder Blue Trans Am.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.
Fred
Tengster

Postby mlsgb » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:55 am

Fred wrote:
mlsgb wrote:I love her song "Are You Out There?". It seems like such a nice idea to write back to the radio moderators you kept listening to and telling them how they influenced your life.

That was the song that first brought Dar to my attention. They played it on the radio while I was driving home one night and I had one of those "Whoa, what was that?!" moments. I later realized I had heard a couple of her gentler ballads earlier (which I have learned to love since) but they had failed to grab my attention. It's usually the up-tempo stuff that gets to me when I am not otherwise paying attention. It's probably her most played song, although her long-time fans tend to prefer earlier stuff. Just had another such moment week before last: Amy Correia's new song Powder Blue Trans Am.

I'll check that out one as well!
mlsgb
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Fred » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:55 am

Saw Dar again in a long, great show at Symphony Space in NYC, last Thursday. Full writeup here. I also saw her last June at the Clearwater Festival in a 1-hour set.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.
Fred
Tengster

Previous

Return to Other Fine Cuisine