If Vienna could sing two songs of your request with.........

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

disneyphish
Howdy, Stranger!

1 & 1

Postby disneyphish » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:09 pm

Vienna song: Pontchartrain. Just genius.

Cover song: Billy Breathes by Phish. Such a beautiful song, and there's a huge instrumental bit in the middle (as in most Phish songs) where Paige McConnell's piano sounds so amazing. I'd love to hear Vienna take on the challenge of filling in the Q&A work of the bass, guitar, and piano all by herself.

terraphim86
Warm Stranger

Postby terraphim86 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:48 pm

Recessional, because it's my current Vienna favorite. But it's always changing. I don't think I'll ever have a pinned-down favorite by Vienna, because it really changes depending on my mood.

And then...I think Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos. I'd love to see what she'd do with the "give me life, give me pain" part. Wonderful.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:16 pm

Hi all,

Hers would be "My Medea" and one of her covers would be "Abound" of Andreas Sahar
:>
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

WintermoonSnow
Warm Stranger

Postby WintermoonSnow » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:46 am

I'd want her to sing recessional. It's so easy to get that song stuck in my head! I find myself singing it at work often.

As for a cover...I would love to hear her do Eskimo Suit by Charming Hostess! XD If you haven't listened to them yet, you really should!

echoingstreetsigns
Cool Stranger

Postby echoingstreetsigns » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:14 pm

"lullabye for a stormy night" and i would love to hear her cover "naked as we came" by iron & wine. both geniuses with lyrics.

echoingstreetsigns
Cool Stranger

Postby echoingstreetsigns » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:18 pm

oh oh oh wait...can i please pick more than one cover? :P because it would be amazing to hear her sing "the queen and the soldier" by kate rusby & kathryn roberts. do you s'pose she could sing harmony with herself? :wink:

mikazuko
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby mikazuko » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:10 pm

I love Nothing Without You.

I'd love to here her sing one of The Carpenters' songs, like We've Only Just Begun.

My_Name_Is_Daniel
Cool Stranger

Postby My_Name_Is_Daniel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:48 am

Enough to Go By because its one of my favorites by her, and Freebird because... well, its FREEBIRD

darthscsi
Warm Stranger

Postby darthscsi » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:56 pm

My_Name_Is_Daniel wrote:Enough to Go By because its one of my favorites by her, and Freebird because... well, its FREEBIRD

Freebird has been requested at concerts before... She said she thought she should learn it one day just so she could play it.

Me, well I'll stick to requesting Signal Fire until I hear it live :)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:29 am

Vienna singing Grow old with me by John Lennon and Eric's Song
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

kittyl
Cool Stranger

Postby kittyl » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:35 pm

mission street en guitar and...recessional...

GEORGE
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby GEORGE » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:18 pm

nothing without you would be my first choice as it was my first song I heard her do. I would like to hear Vienna's version of time after time by Cyndi Lauper

GEORGE
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby GEORGE » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:24 pm

Absolutely loved participating in a small venue with " Soon love soon". Love to do that again. For the fun of it and chance to see another side I would love to hear Vienna do "dancing cheek to cheek" by Eva Cassidy from Live at blues alley.

silversong
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby silversong » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:48 am

I think I'd like to hear "Lullabye For A Stormy Night". Also, I'd love to see her tackle Tori Amos' "China" or "Winter". Those would give me such absolute chills. :)

Kaze
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Kaze » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:48 pm

"Recessional"... because it's my absolute favourite. Though maybe I should go for another favourite that I haven't seen live, like... "Say Uncle"? Or maybe "Gravity (Lake version)"...

As for the cover song... an Onitsuka Chihiro song. She puts so much emotion and rawness into her songs, I'd love to hear what Vienna would make of it. The first song that comes to mind is "A Horse and a Queen", because it's my current favourite, but in terms of emotional songs, I'd ask for either "everyhome" or "Bokura Barairo no Hibi". (Yeah, I adore LAS VEGAS. 8D) One of Onichi's English songs would be interesting, too.

Return to “The Cafe”