Dream a little dream...

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Dream a little dream...

Postby Reileen » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:28 pm

Has anyone here ever had a dream with Vienna in it? I just had my second dream with her in it this month and I'm starting to think that maybe I should lay off the VT songs before bedtime. :oops:
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile
http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

sod2002
Warm Stranger

Postby sod2002 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:38 pm

Reileen

Aside from concerns you may have about being a rem state stalker :lol: ... Why would you want to lay off the nocturnal Vienna listening? What better way to end a day and drift off than serenaded by V.T. ....Keep up the good work!

Steve O

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:53 pm

sod2002 wrote:Reileen

Aside from concerns you may have about being a rem state stalker :lol: ... Why would you want to lay off the nocturnal Vienna listening? What better way to end a day and drift off than serenaded by V.T.

See, I don't want to stop listening to Vienna, but it's throwing my dreams into weird and wacky situations that are simultaneously amusing and creepy at the same time. (I'm still not sure whether I should be down with the idea of Vienna starting a cult dedicated to eating pork rinds...mmmmchicharon.)
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile

http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

Luminosity
Warm Stranger

Postby Luminosity » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:21 am

I've developed this bad habit of listening to music before I sleep too (and I say "bad" because I'm not sure how beneficial it is to fall asleep with earbuds on)!

Vienna did somehow sneak into my dreams, once. Last month, I think. It was very bizarre, and I claim no liability for any of this, so hold your REM-state stalker accusations.

I'm speaking with Vienna after one of her concerts. We talk for a long time, until it becomes dark and we are alone with the grand piano. Suddenly she reaches into her mouth and removes a tooth, one of her molars, and hands it to me.

"Why are you giving me this?" I ask. Her reply nearly shocks me awake.

"It's explosive."

Dreaming Pepper
Getting Stranger

Postby Dreaming Pepper » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:43 am

Luminosity wrote:I've developed this bad habit of listening to music before I sleep too (and I say "bad" because I'm not sure how beneficial it is to fall asleep with earbuds on)!

Vienna did somehow sneak into my dreams, once. Last month, I think. It was very bizarre, and I claim no liability for any of this, so hold your REM-state stalker accusations.

I'm speaking with Vienna after one of her concerts. We talk for a long time, until it becomes dark and we are alone with the grand piano. Suddenly she reaches into her mouth and removes a tooth, one of her molars, and hands it to me.

"Why are you giving me this?" I ask. Her reply nearly shocks me awake.

"It's explosive."

Now that is a strange one...

I don't know if this counts, but I wake up with one of her songs playing in my head when I wake up. Kinda like a randomizer. And my computer and MP3 player is off.
Whoa.. I remembered my sign-in information!

rtu
Warm Stranger

Postby rtu » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:50 am

luminosity, you didn't happen to listen to vienna's music and watch some secret agent spy movie/tv show, did you? that exploding molar is something out of mission impossible, alias or 24.

i sometimes listen to vienna when going to sleep, but, she has not visited any of my dreams. of course, i only sleep about 5 hours a day and can't recall having any dreams in long time.

kkkkk
Cool Stranger

Postby kkkkk » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:29 am

i dont listen to music before i've found out that i wont be able to fall asleep at all.

i did once had a dream that vienna was in, briefly. my friend and i were running around a supermarket with a shopping cart. and we were piling alot of junk food and rubbish into our cart.

at the exit i grabbed many copies of vienna's cds, i remember that the cover was bright yellow.

does that count?!

Dreaming Pepper
Getting Stranger

Postby Dreaming Pepper » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:20 pm

kkkkk wrote:i dont listen to music before i've found out that i wont be able to fall asleep at all.

i did once had a dream that vienna was in, briefly. my friend and i were running around a supermarket with a shopping cart. and we were piling alot of junk food and rubbish into our cart.

at the exit i grabbed many copies of vienna's cds, i remember that the cover was bright yellow.

does that count?!

Yes that counts. Brief or long appearances, if they appeared in your dream it counts. Mainly you probably saw this in the beginning of your sleep or right before you woke up.

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:12 pm

I had a random VT dream once, after someone on this forum said that Marika was getting ready to move to New York. So in my dream I was at one of the trio's concerts and I asked Marika when she was moving, was she excited, etc. and Vienna got really mad at me and started yelling. She told me that it was supposed to be a secret and I wasn't supposed to know about that. She was really pissed. I was trying to explain that I had read it on this forum so it really wasn't a secret but she was not buying it. lol ~G
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

kkkkk
Cool Stranger

Postby kkkkk » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:21 pm

Dreaming Pepper wrote:Mainly you probably saw this in the beginning of your sleep or right before you woke up.

mm, i dont quite get this. does that mean things that happen in the middle of my dream wont get remembered?

Dreaming Pepper
Getting Stranger

Postby Dreaming Pepper » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:57 pm

Pretty much yes. From stage 2-4 of sleep, if we do dream, which is seldom in these stages, we will forget it. You really only recall dreams, vivid or not, from stage 1 or REM.

:)

Luminosity
Warm Stranger

Postby Luminosity » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:44 pm

Yeah, sounds like something from the sleep/ dreaming/ circadian rhythms chapter of my biopsych textbook. But then I only read the case studies; they were the most interesting.

rtu wrote:luminosity, you didn't happen to listen to vienna's music and watch some secret agent spy movie/tv show, did you? that exploding molar is something out of mission impossible, alias or 24.

Actually, no ... never watched any of those. I've never even seen Vienna live. Yet. :? Must be my overactive random-action-potential-firing neurons.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:25 am

Luminosity wrote:"It's explosive."[/i]

That's just bizarre- I love it! LOL.
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:10 am

A slightly different sort of dream: Last week, I dreamed I attended a Manhattan Transfer concert. They performed a killer cover of "Boy at the Piano." Cheryl Bentyne sang lead, and the others joined in on the chorus. Very cool. 8)
Last edited by rahau on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:17 am

Speaking of dreams... I just woke from a short nap (short, tired naps always result in intense/interesting dreams) with a Vienna dream...

So apparently, somehow Vienna was coming to perform at my school again (she did once in 2002 or 2003, I believe), and I had arrived to the hall (which, as dreams go, doesn't actually exist here... it was kind of a hybrid of our giant concert hall and a classroom). Even though the place was already mostly filled because I was late, for some reason the two front rows were empty! Happy at my own fortune, I tried to pick out the best seat from which to watch the concert, but had lots of trouble. See, the piano (an upright) was set against the wall that faced the audience, so no matter where you sat, you would only see her back, and she'd be singing to the wall!

I was still walking around, looking for a seat while complaining about this, when apparently one of the tech crew setting up on stage heard this and decided to go rotate the piano. I got a little closer to see what was going on only to discover that it wasn't an upright piano at all! It was in fact an electronic keyboard inside a giant computer-like setup in an upright-piano-looking shelf. Even to my greater surprise was the keyboard itself: it was actually a computer keyboard (but not really, there was other stuff on it too), and right behind the keyboard on a little raised thing was a couple of those DJ mixer looking things... you know, the ones that look like LD players where you could spin the disc with your fingers to make cool sounds.

Anyway, Vienna came onstage while they were still setting up and commented, "That's a cool electronic keyboard." I replied, "Yeah, it's pretty awesome... it's in QWERTY!"

Making geek jokes in my dreams signals new levels of geekdom. :oops: And I don't really get the joke either, but I guess it was one of those "You had to be there" things.

Edit: To be clearer about the geekiness of the comment, it probably stems from all the conversations/debates my friends and I always had about keyboard layouts (qwerty vs. dvorak vs. blah...), which is a pretty important thing if your major/career/profession involves a lot of keyboarding. I must apologize for it still, since it doesn't nearly reach the levels of geekiness found in certain IM conversations about threads and semaphores... ;)
Last edited by tanthalas on Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “The Cafe”