If Vienna could sing two songs of your request with.........

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

If Vienna could sing two songs of your request with.........

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:58 am

one being a song of hers and one being a cover of someone else, which would you select.

At the moment I would go with Nothing Without You and the cover song would be the theme to the television show called Have Gun, Will Travel which was also called the theme of Paladin. I will post the link to in case Vienna wants to give that song a whirl :wink:
http://www.angelfire.com/film/cowboystarsounds

I would be giddy as a chipmunk in a convenience store if she were to sing those two songs on request.

What two songs under this formula would you all request?
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:10 pm

I would ask for "Ponchartrain" and "From Me to You" by Janis Ian. :) ~G
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

shawn
Hot Stranger

Postby shawn » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:14 pm

Recessional... and Songbird (Christine McVie / Fleetwood Mac).

Laura
Warm Stranger

Postby Laura » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:46 pm

Rain in England, and... I really think it would be neat to see her around Christmas time and hear her do a Christmas song. I'm gonna go with "O Holy Night"... that's such a pretty song.

darthscsi
Warm Stranger

Postby darthscsi » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:51 pm

Signal Fire and Day to Live (Jennifer Daniels)

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:45 pm

Laura wrote: "O Holy Night"... that's such a pretty song.

I agree! I'm not big on holiday music but I have always loved O Holy Night. I think b/c it was always sung in my church on Christmas Eve and things always seemed peaceful that night...
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:27 pm

I'd ask for My Medea and...um...random whim 'cause there's no cover that immediately comes to mind..."Give Unto Me" by Evanescence, either with the piano accompaniment or a cappella.

Nummie
Warm Stranger

Postby Nummie » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:54 pm

Ben Folds Five - Magic
The song and piano could make a beautiful female cover.

Hem - Half acre
It has some references to existing songs by Vienna but she can sing it more gentle and make it come out better I think

Oh, I read now it has to be one from herself.. Transcontinental, 1:30 AM then

jkim
Cool Stranger

Postby jkim » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:33 pm

Tough choice..."Lullaby for a Stormy Night"

"Pua Hone" written by Dennis Kamakahi (Brothers Cazimero probably have the most popular recording) because of the connection of his inspiration and a phrase in "The Tower". He wrote this song for his girlfriend when he was on a trip to Washington, called her on the phone that night, sang it to her and proposed.

"I could see this flower blooming in the snow," he says, recalling what came to him while he was up there in the cool latitudes at the edge of Puget Sound. "This flower grows right up through the snow, in the center of everything... This flower represents the love in someone's heart." --From "Hawaiian Son: The Life and Music of Eddie Kamae"

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:49 am

Hers: Decade and One

Others: Dream Chaser. Brent Maher wrote this for The Judds some time ago. It's about a young singer taking her first tentative steps into a full-time career in music. Vienna could do wonders with it.

(And if Kyler could sing harmony, so much the better. 8) )

racerabbit
Cool Stranger

Postby racerabbit » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:25 am

I would love to hear her play Feather Moon, and The Mary Ellen Carter by Stan Rogers. I think her beautiful vocals would be well matched to this song about triumphing over adversity.

That, or White Collar Holler, also by Stan Rogers. I think she could maybe relate to that one.

Dreaming Pepper
Getting Stranger

Postby Dreaming Pepper » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:43 am

I would say all of her songs. Again, that is what I request. To hear her sing all of her songs live in every show!!
Whoa.. I remembered my sign-in information!

JohnEZ
Warm Stranger

Postby JohnEZ » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:23 am

The song of hers? I would choose Gravity. The first time I heard Vienna was a concert aired on TV here in the Philadelphia area--the song was Momentum. So I wound up going to the site and I downloaded Gravity. I've been mesmerized sinse. :-P

I'd like to hear Vienna cover A Thousand Miles, personally. But that's just me :)

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:04 am

JohnEZ wrote:The song of hers? I would choose Gravity. The first time I heard Vienna was a concert aired on TV here in the Philadelphia area--the song was Momentum. So I wound up going to the site and I downloaded Gravity. I've been mesmerized sinse. :-P

I'd like to hear Vienna cover A Thousand Miles, personally. But that's just me :)

Vanessa Carlton love! (Even though sometimes I can't stand her voice...)

rtu
Warm Stranger

Postby rtu » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:57 am

i agree with you guys that it would be really tough, and i would love to hear vienna sing all of her songs live. but, since i have to choose, i would choose "nothing without you" and "when i dream" by carol kidd, though i would love to hear her sing "beauty for ashes" by jinny kim.

Return to “The Cafe”