Freight & Salvage - December 29, 2017

Relate your impressions from a show, post setlists, etc ...

Moderator: Ginny

cmooreNC
Tengster

Freight & Salvage - December 29, 2017

Postby cmooreNC » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:40 pm

I'm just here to blow the dust off the forum and reminisce a little bit, as we're flying over Arizona and on our way to the Bay Area for the show tonight.

Will come back and add the setlist afterward, providing I remember to take a pen and paper with me tonight. It's been a "lean" year for Vienna Teng shows. But seeing her in Denver on January 7th to open the year and then these two shows to wrap the year up is providing some wonderful "bookends" for me during what has been amazing concert year (83 concerts in between). :D
Chris

packetslave
Howdy, Stranger!

Re: Freight & Salvage - December 29, 2017

Postby packetslave » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:00 am

What an amazing show, and the livestream audio/video was perfect.

As Vienna predicted, that absolutely glorious version of "Hymn of Acxiom" is now available on YouTube at https://youtu.be/57DTEGe7aGQ

Faix
Cool Stranger

Postby Faix » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:47 am

Vienna told some pretty cute stories tonight :D

Lullabye For a Stormy Night
Her sister, who was accordingly in the audience tonight, was the second vocal at the end of this song's track on Waking Hour. Although ten and a half years younger than Vienna, her sister is the "older sister," AKA the one who "has it more together." An example was given of her sending flowers to their parents on her own birthday. Vienna also mentioned how she and her two siblings have had a running joke of wanting to adopt names of famous cities like she did (I don't remember any of the ones she listed off). Lastly, back to the recording of Lullabye For a Stormy Night, the two sisters didn't feel like they quite got it right the first time. When it was finalized a year and a half later, they both agreed that Vienna's sister sounded cuter before :(

Green Island Serenade
Vienna spoke regarding her partner's daughter, a high schooler who has gone to live in Taiwan for a one-year exchange program. She got a reward for singing Green Island Serenade with Vienna's track, but due to a mess-up with audio, it wasn't immediately clear what exactly her own singing sounded like. Later, she got to redo it and still retained the award :D

Anywai, I tried to memorize the setlist, but I'm pretty sure I lost the order in the second set. I await your entry, cmooreNC!
Also, mang, I feel like Vienna's abilities just grow stronger with time! Amazing show.

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi everyone! Our fellow forumer MundeleinHoward has the setlist up on setlist.fm. I'll get it posted to viennateng.com and warmstrangers.com once I have some brain power.

The archive of the radio interview Vienna did the night before is available to listen for two weeks here, or bypass pesky copyright and licensing and just download it. (They'll probably find this post, so get it quick. ;) )

packetslave wrote:What an amazing show, and the livestream audio/video was perfect.

Aw, thanks! Thanks so much to The Freight for letting us do this every year.

You'll probably hear from Erik about the shows once he has some brain power...

MundeleinHoward
Cool Stranger

Postby MundeleinHoward » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:34 pm

I don't know the title of the Glen Phillips song that opened the second set
Take care, be well, PEACE

packetslave
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby packetslave » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:29 pm

MundeleinHoward wrote:I don't know the title of the Glen Phillips song that opened the second set

Maya! https://glenphillips.bandcamp.com/track/maya

MundeleinHoward
Cool Stranger

Postby MundeleinHoward » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:55 pm

:) thanks
Take care, be well, PEACE

Return to “Performances”