The Basement, Nashville TN 12/4/2013

Relate your impressions from a show, post setlists, etc ...

Moderator: Ginny

Erik
Warm Stranger

The Basement, Nashville TN 12/4/2013

Postby Erik » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:49 am

Alex Wong Opening Set:
Brooklyn Blurs
Never Look Back
Always Something Better (w/VT)
Are You Listening (w/VT and JH)

Vienna Teng Main Set:
Blue Caravan (VT and JH)
Level Up (VTT)
Landsailor (VTT + AL)
Close to Home (VTT)
The Hymn of Acxiom (VT solo)
The Breaking Light (VTT)
Antebellum (VTT)
Flyweight Love (VTT)
In the 99 (VTT)
Copenhagen (VTT)
Ain't No Sunshine/Lose Yourself (VT solo)
Grandmother Song (VTT) (with bits of Single Ladies)

VT - Vienna Teng
JH - Jordan Hamlin
AL - Aaron Long
AW - Alex Wong
VTT - Vienna Teng Trio featuring VT, JH and AW
Last edited by Erik on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michele
Strange

Re: The Basement, Nashville TN 12/4/2013

Postby Michele » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:42 pm

In attendance: AG, Garrison Starr, Katie Herzig, Cason Cooley, Vienna's manager Amy, Vienna's booking agent Jordan, and 30 of the other Jordan's friends and family.

There was another show afterward so the sets were short and between song banter was shortened, but they made the most of it. Proud and thrilled to report Vienna nailed that long note in Close to Home.

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Michele wrote:In attendance: AG, Garrison Starr, Katie Herzig, Cason Cooley, Vienna's manager Amy, Vienna's booking agent Jordan, and 30 of the other Jordan's friends and family.

There was another show afterward so the sets were short and between song banter was shortened, but they made the most of it. Proud and thrilled to report Vienna nailed that long note in Close to Home.

Michele,

Does "AG" = Amy Grant, by any chance? I gave Amy a copy of "Aims" when I saw her back on November 15th and encouraged her to make the Nashville show (even wrote down the details for her on my business card and stuck it in the CD case), so I would be absolutely THRILLED if she actually made it! I've actually been feeding both Amy and Vince copies of Vienna's CDs for several years now, telling them they needed to check her out. I seem to recall that Vienna and Katie ate breakfast with Vince at some point a few years ago. I considered that to be a "door opener" and started giving them her music shortly afterward. Gave Vince the first two cds when I talked with him here in Charlotte - I think it was last year. Then gave Amy the third and fourth releases when I talked with her in February of 2013. Then finally the "Aims" cd to Amy in November.

I've since learned that AG was NOT Amy Grant. Oh, well. I'll keep bugging her whenever I have the chance! :)
Chris

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Sorry, only saw the question on FB earlier - AG is Adrianne. I don't know how she was in town the day before, since supposedly she had a show in St. Louis, but she took a pic with Alex on the 3rd. I was thrilled when she and Garrison showed up, and then the attendee list just kept getting me more fangirly.

Return to “Performances”