KFOG PlaySpace - November 15, 2013

Relate your impressions from a show, post setlists, etc ...

Moderator: Ginny

Michele
Strange

KFOG PlaySpace - November 15, 2013

Postby Michele » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:40 am

The band was supposed to have a day off today, but KFOG have had so many bands in their performance space that I knew VT would be a likely candidate to play there. Seems like everything is happening for the station support, she just doesn't get requested by the listeners. It's very kind of KFOG to keep her on their radar for many years now, and as a long-time fan of several of their DJs who had migrated from the same station up the dial (none of whom were in attendance, though) I was grateful for the opportunity to tag along for this appearance.

The radio broadcast their standard format of a song, the interview, and another song, but this is what was played:

Landsailor (done first because poor Aaron had to feed the parking meter)
City Hall (Rosalie, the Acoustic Sunrise/Sunset DJ, had requested a live performance she could use for the format)
The Hymn of Acxiom
Level Up (Alex had experimented in soundcheck with several equipment cases to sub for a drum)
Copenhagen
Goodnight New York
interview with DJ Webster
photos with attendees (includes performance pics)

They were debating which songs to do and how many, they figured three or four and I told them six, but when they were told they could take their time and play as much as they wanted, I got my wish ;)

Thanks to Dean and Rockwell, who were recording and running sound, for putting up with the band's crazy setup! (And for putting up with me being a dorky fangirl) All of the guys were a blast and enjoyed the music and laughed at the band's usual antics. (There was another tech assistant too, I can't recall her name, sorry!) I'm not sure how many people in the audience of 35ish were very familiar with her work, only a handful of people seemed to be, so hopefully many of them are new fans.

Return to “Performances”