2014 - Vienna Teng PHILIPPINES tour

Relate your impressions from a show, post setlists, etc ...

Moderator: Ginny

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Re: 2014 - Vienna Teng PHILIPPINES tour

Postby arcsol » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:44 pm

AAARRRGGGHH I botched the first track! D:
A VT fan from the Philippines?

Do check out the 2014 Vienna Teng PHILIPPINES tour thread!

Drop a line and say hi! Post on the thread, leave a PM if you want, or send an email at marc dot a dot public at gmail dot com so we can make this happen!

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:47 am

Hope someone got it on video to fill in for that...

Setlist from the 18th is from lilmikomiko, thank you!

The Tower
Whatever You Want
Stray Italian Greyhound
Homecoming
Antebellum
The Last Snowfall
Shasta
Gravity (Lake Version)
Level Up
Harbor
Ain't No Sunshine/Lose Yourself
Recessional
Eric's Song
Lullabye For A Stormy Night
Soon Love Soon
Grandmother Song

cactusbrandy
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby cactusbrandy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:14 am

Thanks for sharing yesterday's setlist! We're watching tonight. Can't wait. :)

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Postby arcsol » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:30 am

Oh cool someone posted the set list already. I was too tired to go online when I got home.

Recording notes:
- slightly noisy, it's like listening to a casette tape
- bungled two tracks (note to self: don't leave the rig unattended)
- didn't get much from the audience

Performance notes:
A textbook performance of The Tower kicked off the gig, followed by Whatever You Want featuring the robot gang. People either sang/mouthed along to each song or fell in this rapt quiet demeanor, intently looking and erupting to applause after the song.

Vienna conscripted the audience for Alex's parts in Antebellum and the audience delivered in spades. Vienna remarked we're the first audience in the tour where there was no need to teach the audience on the song's tune.

The looks on the audience when they recognized Lose Yourself - eyes collectively widened, a slowly-widening grin, etc - was priceless. A quartet joined Vienna onstage for Soon Love Soon.

Drop a line and say hi! Post on the thread, leave a PM if you want, or send an email at marc dot a dot public at gmail dot com so we can make this happen!

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:58 am

How much screaming was there for Eric's Song?

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:08 am

aaparallel hatched a plot with ceso on Twitter, and Vienna met up with some ticketless fans at Adarna Food and Culture Restaurant. Setlist from G Mae on Facebook:
Cannonball (Damien Rice cover)
Stray Italian Greyhound
St. Stephen's Cross
Eric's Song
Oh Mama No
Gravity

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Postby arcsol » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:22 pm

19Aug set list:

Green island serenade
Stray Italian Greyhound
Gravity [edit - thanks cactusbrandy for the correction!]
Harbor [edit - thanks cactusbrandy for the correction!]
Drought
Hymn of axciom
Augustine
Antebellum
Momentum
Whatever you want
Eric's song
Shasta
Cannonball
Bridge over troubled water
Enough to go by
Landsailor
Lullaby for a stormy night
City hall
Grandmother song

Vienna's still being mobbed by the fans. It's been a fun night, despite being bootleg-blocked by a client at work.

What would it take to get Vienna here again? Lol
Last edited by arcsol on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Postby arcsol » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Michele wrote:How much screaming was there for Eric's Song?

It happens like this:

First few notes: thunderous scream/shrieking
The rest of the song: sudden solemn, even reverent silence
Last note stops: even more thunderous applause

It's an embarrassing kind of fun, how everyone fanboy/girled at the start/end of each song. I hope she comes back here

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:01 pm

Thanks for posting the set list, I didn't have enough brain cells this morning to go through the webcast and write it out. So glad you got to go both days!

Soundcheck was a bit of Waters of Babylon with the harmonizer. Hee. The venue's wi-fi couldn't sustain video, it was just a huge blob of color and kept cutting out, but it was good to see her and talk to her briefly. Hoping for an excellent internet connection and to take advantage of the nearly-all-time-zone-friendly show time in Hong Kong.

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Michele wrote:aaparallel hatched a plot with ceso on Twitter, and Vienna met up with some ticketless fans at Adarna Food and Culture Restaurant. Setlist from G Mae on Facebook:
Cannonball (Damien Rice cover)
Stray Italian Greyhound
St. Stephen's Cross
Eric's Song
Oh Mama No
Gravity

I'm grinning forever over the success of this plot. Many, many thanks to ceso for suggesting and reserving the venue, reserving a parking spot for VT, testing the piano, getting microphones, signing people in, being my amazing person on the ground there. I just let my emotions take over this time, and I could not have asked for a better person to randomly contact on Twitter. Also thanks to the incomparable Amy Cox for being up for this whole thing and keeping Vienna in the loop. And thanks to Michele for your guidance! And of course, thanks to Vienna for putting in the time and being absolutely lovely going with the crazy ideas I throw at her. Yay for Warm Stranger meetups and ninja gigs! :D
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:48 pm

aaparallel wrote:I'm grinning forever over the success of this plot. Many, many thanks to ceso for suggesting and reserving the venue, reserving a parking spot for VT, testing the piano, getting microphones, signing people in, being my amazing person on the ground there. I just let my emotions take over this time, and I could not have asked for a better person to randomly contact on Twitter. Also thanks to the incomparable Amy Cox for being up for this whole thing and keeping Vienna in the loop. And thanks to Michele for your guidance! And of course, thanks to Vienna for putting in the time and being absolutely lovely going with the crazy ideas I throw at her. Yay for Warm Stranger meetups and ninja gigs! :D

Eh, I just looked over this one and approved this time :D Everything really fell into place with this, great job! ceso, thank you so much for your meticulous planning! I'm so thankful that Vienna's had so many fantastic people to help her with this impossible tour. So happy for everyone!

To follow up on the worrisome solo travel thing - as mentioned during last night's show, Vienna had a fan guide her around Manila, I know she's set for Taiwan, and she will have a tour manager in China. So she's been adopted everywhere she goes. 8)

cactusbrandy
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby cactusbrandy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:56 am

arcsol wrote:19Aug set list:

Green island serenade
Stray Italian Greyhound
Drought
Hymn of axciom
Augustine
Antebellum
Momentum
Whatever you want
Eric's song
Shasta
Cannonball
Bridge over troubled water
Enough to go by
Landsailor
Lullaby for a stormy night
City hall
Grandmother song

Vienna's still being mobbed by the fans. It's been a fun night, despite being bootleg-blocked by a client at work.

What would it take to get Vienna here again? Lol

She also played Gravity and Harbor after Drought. : ) So it's:
Green Island Serenade
Stray Italian Greyhound
Gravity
Harbor
Drought
Hymn of Axciom

Thanks so much to everyone for making this happen! I still haven't processed my emotions. We took some photos/videos (mine are so shaky and out-of-focus lol), hopefully we can put them up soon.

And it's great to hear that there are people helping her out/guiding her around! And setting up ninja gigs hahaha

chigaijin
Warm Stranger

Postby chigaijin » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:59 am

cactusbrandy wrote:And it's great to hear that there are people helping her out/guiding her around! And setting up ninja gigs hahaha

New startup name: "Ninja Gigs".

(I'm sorry. I live in San Francisco, CA, USA. There are many startups.)

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Postby arcsol » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:02 am

@cactusbrandy - boo I wasn't able to find you at the venue (to be fair it was rather packed and people bee-lined to Vienna immediately). Thanks for the correction! I arrived late due to work, I started with Hymn of Axciom =/

I'm still amazed at the ninja gig when I first read about it in Twitter. Amazed and slightly annoyed - I went 'WHOA ninja gig! That's awesomesauce... and I'm stuck here at work D:"

Return to “Performances”