2014 - Vienna Teng PHILIPPINES tour

Relate your impressions from a show, post setlists, etc ...

Moderator: Ginny

arcsol
Warm Stranger

2014 - Vienna Teng PHILIPPINES tour

Postby arcsol » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Excited much? LOL. Yes, it's way too early but you can just imagine how hard it is not to break out in dance and scream my head off at work when Vienna breached the USD80k AND 1400 backers conditions in her Kickstarter.

So. Who here are from the Philippines? Considering how relatively quiet the forums are, PH fans need to organize stuff early enough so to

1) make this possibly-once-in-a-lifetime event the best it can be
2) help out Vienna and the crew any way we can when they hit our shores
3) help fellow fans out

We can organize meetups (so fans will get to know each other early enough), planning sessions (socks! and other goodies they can only get here!) and maybe establish a line of communication to Vienna's tour team especially on the situation in the ground here (e.g. do not, for the love of god, go here during the monsoon season). Any other ideas?

Let's do this!
A VT fan from the Philippines?

Do check out the 2014 Vienna Teng PHILIPPINES tour thread!

Drop a line and say hi! Post on the thread, leave a PM if you want, or send an email at marc dot a dot public at gmail dot com so we can make this happen!

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Re: 2014 - Vienna Teng PHILIPPINES tour

Postby arcsol » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:51 pm

from Twitter

@headpointernext @ecaterinaaa @mrsEricNorthman just confirmed I'll be in Manila/QC on Aug 18!

So yeah, this is so on. VT fans in the Philippines, sound off and let's organize!

Drop a line and say hi! Post on the thread, leave a PM if you want, or send an email at marc dot a dot public at gmail dot com so we can make this happen!

siral
Warm Stranger

Postby siral » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:14 am

OH. MY. GOD. I still can't believe that Vienna is really coming here in the Philippines. I just bought my ticket the other night at Ka Freddie's. It is quite a small venue but has intimate set up thus I kinda like it. I just hope and pray that nothing would hinder her from coming here (e.g. bad weather condition). Soooooooooooo excited!
“What matters our creative endless toil, when at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?” - Goethe’s Faust

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Postby arcsol » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:06 pm

Wait, you need to buy a ticket? How much was it? I was too buried at work these past few weeks, didn't get to ask

OnT: documentation. We need to document this. If possible, recording off the soundboard and all the pictures LOL

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:10 pm

arcsol wrote:Wait, you need to buy a ticket? How much was it? I was too buried at work these past few weeks, didn't get to ask
OnT: documentation. We need to document this. If possible, recording off the soundboard and all the pictures LOL

VT.com says: "For reservations, SMS 09154440241 or 09157194179." But it's apparently sold out? Tweet Vienna if you can.
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:54 am

Hopefully another show will be added, we'll see what happens.

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:56 pm

The second show has been added on the 19th.

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Postby arcsol » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:52 pm

So. Ocular done, tickets(!) secured, this gig is so on. Some questions:

1) what are the current rules for live recordings? Because sound guy says yes, we can easily tap into the soundboard. I think I have the hardware for that (need to clear a buttload of hard drive space and brush up on Audacity though).

2) Is it ok if someone (maybe me) will set up a 'bootleg' station where people can copy her bootlegs from archive.org before the show? If so, anyone can help out for that?

3) Are socks still a thing? It's been a while since I head socks stories LOL

Thanks!

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:43 am

Recording is fine for this tour (dependent on the venue, as always.) If you're using a computer, you'll need to have a line in for recording from the soundboard. Mic in only records mono.
You can copy shows for people, but you might want to be cautious if you're just accepting other people's USB sticks or cell phones to plug in to your computer. Don't want you to get a virus.
If it's storming, V will probably gratefully accept socks, who knows! Then again, she's likely bringing boots. Keep in mind, she is traveling by herself and I don't think she'll be able to bring much home.

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Postby arcsol » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:01 pm

Copying stuff while running on an Ubuntu live CD will deal with viruses, noted re mic being just mono, and yay socks!

And she's flying solo, as in no staff at all? That's kinda tough. =/

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:32 pm

arcsol wrote:And she's flying solo, as in no staff at all? That's kinda tough. =/

If she can just remember to bring all her things with her after every security checkpoint, she'll be fine. :wink:
Chris

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:10 pm

arcsol wrote:And she's flying solo, as in no staff at all? That's kinda tough. =/

It's pretty daunting. She has Carsie with her for Australia, and people are hosting them. Next week the event runners in Singapore, KL, and Kamakura will be helping her out. So that's good, but after that I'm not sure...

cactusbrandy
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby cactusbrandy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:21 am

I'm watching on the 19th (!!!) with a couple of photographer friends. I don't think you can stop them from documenting things haha. So excited! And yay for live recordings!

KenjiT
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby KenjiT » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Hi All,

I am in Taiwan, but have some friends in the Philippines that really want to see Vienna, so I will fly out and catch the show with them on the 18th at Ka Freddie's. Will be fun to meet other fans as Vienna performs for the first time in the PI. Then back to Taipei to help with the other 2 shows in Taiwan.

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Postby arcsol » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:38 am

Hey y'all.

A big question - how will we know who's who in the gig? Do we have a secret handshake or something LOL.

I'll be the long-haired guy 1) possibly lugging around a small Thinkpad bothering people in the soundbooth 2) toting a Lumix GX1 and ducking around the front row for a decent shot. Just say hi (I don't bite, promise!) and say that you're from the forums.

See you this Monday and Tuesday!

Return to “Performances”