Vienna solo !!! Larchmont, N.Y. 9/19/07 :-)

Relate your impressions from a show, post setlists, etc ...

Moderator: Ginny

sod2002
Warm Stranger

Vienna solo !!! Larchmont, N.Y. 9/19/07 :-)

Postby sod2002 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:12 am

Vienna solo :D

...and yet another new and wonderful experience for this frequent flyer fan of Vienna's... This time at the lovely Watercolor Cafe in Larchmont NY. Simply and exquisitely Vienna and the upright piano as her band this wonderful evening! Despite seeing Vienna many times now, with each performance being as amazing as the others in their own right, this was my first pure solo show. A very special treat indeed!

So another great time and beautiful performance by someone who absolutely never lets you down. Not quite sure how she does it over and over again, and it will never cease to amaze and delight. Another new twist for this outing...finally succeeded in bringing my wife along to see first hand what she had been missing...needless to say...another addict is born :-) !!!

Vienna seems so relaxed and comfortable in who she is, what she is doing, and where she is doing it from now... New York, proudly and most fortunately for me and some others here as well. I could get very, very used to and spoiled by this!!! Last nights show being 30 minutes from home...with all due respect to those of you who must so deeply miss her on the west coast...this is heaven! In the audience... it was very nice to see you again Paul, "the man in blue"...hope you captured this great night of music with your recording magic. What a show to record too...Vienna's singing and playing were absolutely perfect. She seemed to have a particular fondness for this piano and played it accordingly!!!

Now ...some details about the show!!!!

Amazing and Wonderful 2 sets!!!

Very intimate setting and very nice sound. Vienna was in perfect voice and incredibly relaxed and enjoying us and we her. Several warm, funny, and interesting tales shared...such as Yao Ming / Target.....Dolly Parton look alike contest....and unfortunately the disappearing backpack and laptop :( and typical Vienna in that she just shakes it off with no bitterness...just another example of why we love her!

The music..

absolutely endearing and beutiful versions of (not a setlist, but my attempt to recall as much as possible...not real good with this though...more a fan of simply immersing myself in the moment and getting lost in it!!!)

Whatever you want
Gravity
The Tower
Recessional (thank you Vienna)
Nothing without you (thank you Vienna)
I don't feel so well
Pontchartrain
1 BR / 1 BA (Vienna singing, piano, and very cool percussion)
City Hall (Vienna coaching the "Westchester clappers"
Harbor
Eric's Song
Hope on Fire
Green Island Serenade (Thank you, thank you Vienna!)
Lullabye for a stormy night
Fields of Gold (an extraordinarily beautiful cover!)

and unfortunately I have probably forgotten at least 2 or 3 others :(

As you can see, and I wish you could have heard!!! An incredible full performance and simply Vienna, the piano, and an absolutely adoring crowd!!!

Once again Vienna...you are beyond words and deeply move us. Thank you for such a special night...we are so fortunate to know you and your music...all of the very best that life can bring to you is our wish for you!

Thank you,

Steve (and Colleen)

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:11 am

Sounds like a great show, Steve!

Sounds like Vienna lost her laptop? :<

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

bofis
Warm Stranger

Postby bofis » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:38 pm

Vienna told us the story of her laptop. She left it in her backpack on the sidewalk and it was taken. I'm sure once the recording from last night's show at Mo Pitkin's is posted you can hear her recounting the details of how NYC is welcoming her by taking her stuff she leaves places by accident :-\ Poor Vienna...but she does have a new laptop now at least and a shiny new red keyboard.

Return to “Performances”