* ATTN: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Rochester fans *

Relate your impressions from a show, post setlists, etc ...

Moderator: Ginny

Vienna
Warm Stranger

Postby Vienna » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:54 pm

It's currently Thursday morning, about 8-9 hours before the show at Club Cafe Live in Pittsburgh. The frog that invaded my larynx on Tuesday morning is still here. Taken up residence, in fact. He's picking out new curtains at present.

I won't be singing at the show tonight, or probably at any of the shows for the rest of the week. But we're not cancelling anything.

Kyler England will be opening tonight and she'll be singing vocals on a good number of my songs (as many as she can learn on the drive over; she's familiar with most of them already). We'll do instrumental versions of several songs. In Cleveland and Rochester it'll be a short set, all instrumental.

I know this is disappointing for everyone, myself included (boy, that's an understatement). We're doing the best we can. I realize that some of you are planning to make a long drive to get to these shows — if you don't see this message in time, and the show isn't worth the trip, please accept my apologies!

Thanks to all the nice people in Chicago for being so supportive. Y'all are wonderful.

starburst

Postby starburst » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:29 pm

:( oh no! sorry to hear about your voice. luckily, i got to see your fabulous performance in minneapolis. you must have outdid yourself these past couple performances! hope you get better soon, so more fans can hear you play and sing! :)

Jessi
Warm Stranger

Postby Jessi » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:08 pm

I just want to say I admire Vienna's commitment to her fans. It's one of those rare treats when someone of her talent, who's on the verge of global domination, to be a better person than she is a musician. And yall've heard her music!!

Get well, Vienna.

ShaynePepper
Warm Stranger

Postby ShaynePepper » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:56 am

That's so amazing of you! So many other performers (probably every other one) would have just canceled.

Very simply... you rock! :)

Hope you feel better! See you in Dallas!

terryand35
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby terryand35 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:27 pm

Vienna, I'm so sorry to hear about your voice problems. The most likely cause is that you need chocolate, so on your way from Rochester to NYC, stop in and we'll cure you. Have a great tour!
Terry & your adoring fans at Hercules Candies in East Syracuse, NY

shawn
Hot Stranger

Postby shawn » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:36 pm

Dear Vienna,

The Zoning Board has determined that your throat has been designated a non-residential zone. Accordingly, we must request that you evict your tenant at the soonest possible opportunity.

Sincerely, the Amphibian Housing Authority. :P

Seriously, though... I'm glad to hear that you and Kyler were able to pull off a great show in my old hometown last night, but I do hope you are taking good care of yourself and aren't running yourself ragged with your tour. If worst comes to worst and you have to skip some dates, don't worry - we'll still be here when you do come back.

All the best...

joe_mate
Cool Stranger

Postby joe_mate » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:49 pm

I hope that you can someday return to the Cleveland area. Perhaps you can perform in the Gateway area (Tower City's Hard Rock Cafe, Alice Cooper's Cooperstown Restaurant, or one of the many pubs).

----

Wow, ask and receive, huh? Tower City ... opening for Indigo Girls.

B)
<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>~ joe_mate</span></span>

Return to “Performances”