Unity of Boulder Spiritual Center - Boulder, CO April 7, 2018

Relate your impressions from a show, post setlists, etc ...

Moderator: Ginny

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Unity of Boulder Spiritual Center - Boulder, CO April 7, 2018

Postby aaparallel » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:38 am

Nine years after the US release of Inland Territory, Vienna and Alex reunited for a benefit show for Citizens Climate Lobby. They alternated songs and accompanied each other the whole night.
**Alex has a lot of new music on his Patreon page. Vienna is both a consultant and a musician on his forthcoming new album. Any song of his that you don't recognize here is a new song.

Whatever You Want (Vienna solo)
Twenty Faces (Alex w/ Vienna)
Watershed (Vienna with Alex improvising his part. They had not practiced it.)
Dangerous Times (Alex with Vienna. Song from his duo EP, Kivalina, with Jesse Terry, coming out this fall)
Landsailor (Vienna with Alex and Jacob Corvidae)
Are You Listening (Alex with Vienna and Jacob)
Level Up (Vienna with Alex, who played the cajon on stage for the first time in 7 years...)
Maybe When You're Older (Alex with Vienna)
Hymn of Acxiom (Vienna solo)
In the Creases (Alex with Vienna)
Go On Make Promises (Vienna, Jacob, Alex)
Landfall (Alex and Vienna, another song from Kivalina EP)
Antebellum (Vienna and Alex)
Help is On the Way (Alex, Vienna, Jacob).
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

Michele
Strange

Re: Unity of Boulder Spiritual Center - Boulder, CO April 7, 2018

Postby Michele » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:46 pm

Thanks for the setlist! I need to figure out formatting for showing more song details on the show archive...

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Sorry it's wordy! Been a while. I would have used initials/asterisks but I wrote it out and pasted it before going to sleep.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:03 pm

Was it a good sized crowd turnout? I imagine the weather was still cold in Boulder. April was a slow and depressing month for me. I tried to have a "fat free" party to kickoff my new diet and I asked this girl named Bunny to my "fat free" party I was throwing but she told me her boyfriend wouldn't approve. I asked her, "Doesn't he like "fat free"? She looked at me like I was crazy..........Anyway I am off to the store to buy avocados, also known as the "good fat"
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Fri May 04, 2018 2:31 am

It was a good turnout! The church is huge though. It was a good mix of Citizens Climate Lobby folks and VT fans, including a handful of people from out of town. :roll: kalenabear and Ferrard got video of the show. The weather was nice for the concert. Just a day before, it snowed in Boulder! Very exciting for this California girl. :D

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri May 11, 2018 5:45 pm

I am glad to hear there was a great turnout of people for Vienna and Alex's concert. Hopefully Vienna will have more concerts. I get nervous in Churches, the last time I went I attended a Mass and while I was making change out of the donation plate for laundry money these two big dudes smelling strongly of "Old Spice" started staring at me in a condemning manner. I said, "I hope my behavior doesn't prevent me from getting that free wafer and a shot of booze, I'm ready to belly up to the bar". Long story short I did not receive that and that is when I decided to become a non practicing Buddhist.........

It sounds like you were thrilled to see snow. I use to be that way when I was young but now it just makes me worry.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:36 am

I just added this to my archive. Any recordings around?

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:57 am

Scot wrote:I just added this to my archive. Any recordings around?

Karen filmed, Bob taped. There are some bits and pieces on the archive page, but in general, to see them as a duo, I believe joining Alex's Patreon grants access to their Angelhouse South videos.

Return to “Performances”