The Fourth Messenger - New York Musical Festival 2017

Relate your impressions from a show, post setlists, etc ...

Moderator: Ginny

Michele
Strange

The Fourth Messenger - New York Musical Festival 2017

Postby Michele » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Hope everyone seeing the musical this week has a great time!

Tanya and Vienna will be participating in a little promo event on Wednesday night. It's for Broadway Tonight! and they'll be interviewed, and Vienna will play a few songs. It's free to reserve tickets, but they're asking for dinner, drinks, and a cover. Hopefully it'll be streamed live on Facebook for everyone to see, otherwise, it's a nice chance to see Vienna, and to learn a bit more about a couple of the other NYMF shows.

Feel free to post about your show experience in this thread. Tuesday is sold out, Saturday is almost sold out, and there are still tickets available for the other nights.

razz
Howdy, Stranger!

Re: The Fourth Messenger - New York Musical Festival 2017

Postby razz » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:06 pm

I'll call the show magical (worth the 4+ hour commute). The music scored a direct hit on every scene (many bravos).

Actors, musicians, technical crew and everyone that I'm forgetting showed up with, and presented, their best work. I left believing that I witnessed a true story unfolding on the stage. Mama Sid and Raina really exist, right?

Vienna filled the room on the audience side. She looked beautiful and charming, like a star.

Michele
Strange

Re: The Fourth Messenger - New York Musical Festival 2017

Postby Michele » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:31 pm

Glad you enjoyed it and felt it was worth the long journey, razz!

razz wrote:Mama Sid and Raina really exist, right?

Of course they do. If the story weren't relatable, it wouldn't resonate so much. 8)

Return to “Performances”