The Triple Door

Cute café? Bad bar? ... Cute barista!

Moderator: Ginny

JoanneElizabeth
Cool Stranger

Postby JoanneElizabeth » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:23 pm

I saw Susan Werner play at The Triple Door in Seattle, WA, and it is an absolutely beautiful venue! I'd love to see Vienna there. They even have a grand piano she could use! The food wasn't very good, but then again, I don't care for food much in general. :P It is a new venue, just opened a few months ago. I hope someone looks into getting her booked to play there sometime soon... :D or anywhere in Seattle, for that matter.
"well you don't believe but you have to believe<br>it's still crumpled there in your back seat" <br>-<i>Shasta</i>, Vienna Teng<br><br>New music crumpled in my back seat...<br><a href='http://www.soundclick.com/JoanneElizabeth' target='_blank'>http://www.soundclick.com/JoanneElizabeth</a>

JoanneElizabeth
Cool Stranger

Postby JoanneElizabeth » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:23 am

Thank you so much to whoever got Vienna booked at the Triple Door! I'm glad I got my reservations early because tomorrow night's show is SOLD OUT! If Vienna were playing a different venue in Seattle, I don't think I would have gone... seeing as how my hand is broken and so is my income (and I already saw her this year). But hey, I was the one who wanted her to play at this place, so I figured I damn well better show up.
"well you don't believe but you have to believe<br>it's still crumpled there in your back seat" <br>-<i>Shasta</i>, Vienna Teng<br><br>New music crumpled in my back seat...<br><a href='http://www.soundclick.com/JoanneElizabeth' target='_blank'>http://www.soundclick.com/JoanneElizabeth</a>

MannyQ
Cool Stranger

Postby MannyQ » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:41 pm

JoanneElizabeth wrote: Thank you so much to whoever got Vienna booked at the Triple Door! I'm glad I got my reservations early because tomorrow night's show is SOLD OUT! If Vienna were playing a different venue in Seattle, I don't think I would have gone... seeing as how my hand is broken and so is my income (and I already saw her this year). But hey, I was the one who wanted her to play at this place, so I figured I damn well better show up.

I made my reservations a month ago because I knew she'd sell out.

anandiraman
Cool Stranger

Postby anandiraman » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:02 am

I just went to the show tonight at the Triple Door and it was awesome. And the food there is really good (same kitchen as Wild Ginger upstairs). What a great place to see a show! And of course, Vienna rocked. Wooo hooo.

anandiraman
Cool Stranger

Postby anandiraman » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:02 am

I'm not sure why they said it was sold out, though - there were a bunch of empty tables...

JoanneElizabeth
Cool Stranger

Postby JoanneElizabeth » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:49 pm

Hmm... when we got there at 7pm there was a waiting list to get in. i didn't see how many tables were open because... they tried to seat us in the corner next to where the servers were coming in and out of the kitchen. it was a fine view, except for all the people walking in frony of you. so i asked if we could have a different table, and he said he could move us to the other corner where you can't really see at all, or to THE FRONT ROW. so, i got to sit right up against the stage, dead center. it was so awesome! i could see her hands on the piano, but it was from the wrong angle to see exactly what she was playing. i'll be sure to request front row seating the next time i'm there!

MannyQ
Cool Stranger

Postby MannyQ » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:30 am

She's coming back to the Triple Door May 12th. Get your reservations in! She is doing two shows, which is awesome. I'll be there at the 10pm show.

Luminosity
Warm Stranger

Postby Luminosity » Thu May 10, 2007 3:35 am

I'll be at the Triple Door show! My friend and I managed to plan a weekend excursion to Seattle so we could finally, finally see her live! We're attending the 7pm one, though.

Anyone else from the forums gonna be there?

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Thu May 10, 2007 6:18 am

Luminosity wrote:I'll be at the Triple Door show! My friend and I managed to plan a weekend excursion to Seattle so we could finally, finally see her live!

That's awesome! Enjoy the show (and come back here to tell us all about it!) %:>

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

The_Man_in_Blue
Getting Stranger

Postby The_Man_in_Blue » Fri May 11, 2007 11:32 am

Luminosity wrote:Anyone else from the forums gonna be there?

I'll be at both Seattle shows (plus all three Oregon shows). Be sure to say hello. I'll be the balding grey bearded man dressed in blue lugging around a bag of recording gear.
Paul

Luminosity
Warm Stranger

Postby Luminosity » Fri May 11, 2007 7:39 pm

I'm the small-statured Chinese girl who might pass for, say, a sixteen year old. Not sure if that'll help, haha.

Looking forward to saying hi!

Elmira
Warm Stranger

Postby Elmira » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:46 pm

There's going to a concert on the 4th of September :D :D :D

I hope I can go. It's a Thursday, but I'm probably not going to have significant schoolwork at that time.
I believe in airplanes.

Rotkehlchen
Warm Stranger

Postby Rotkehlchen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:53 pm

@Elmira:
Thanks for reviving this thread!
Not that I'll be anywhere within 1 000 km of the venue, but I just discovered two fascinating one-line biographies in a couple of the posts above yours. :)

PS Hope you can make that concert, anyway!

PPS Hope @Luminosity will return to the Forum some day.
~ R

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:29 am

I so desire to come to the Sept 4th show...Unfortunately I start school on Labor Day. Private universities, ruining my chances at fun for now. I will definitely keep my eyes open for how this performance goes.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:52 am

eirlys wrote:I so desire to come to the Sept 4th show...Unfortunately I start school on Labor Day. Private universities, ruining my chances at fun for now. I will definitely keep my eyes open for how this performance goes.

My birthday is the fourth ;-;

i should have that be my present x3

Hey, lets drive to Seattle! =3

Return to “Venues”