Freight & Salvage (Berkeley, CA)

Cute café? Bad bar? ... Cute barista!

Moderator: Ginny

danseuse
Cool Stranger

Freight & Salvage (Berkeley, CA)

Postby danseuse » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:45 am

Can anyone tell me what the seating is like at the Freight & Salvage in Berkeley? The tickets on sale say General Admission and there isn't a description on their Web site. I would like to know if they are guaranteed seats as I cannot stand through a show. And how early do you have to arrive and stand in line to get a decent seat?

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:50 pm

The Freight is GA, but fully seated. I'd say you wouldn't get stuck on the left side as long as you get there at least half an hour before the show starts. If you want to be a bit closer, you'll have to do a little bit of standing in line before doors open, but then once you get in you can sit. (I think/hope. Otherwise the lobby will be insane.) Line will go slooow, I think. Here is a view of the seating and stage from the top section of seats. There's more elevated rows behind the location of that pic, and they stretch farther both left and right.

Might be able to get more details about how the line will work when it gets closer to the show.

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:04 pm

If I recall correctly...

When I went to see Glen Phillips last time, there were people standing in line outside before doors opened. Once doors were open, people just filed straight into the seating area (past the lobby).

It's a pretty big and really nice space (although maybe on the medium to smaller side for Vienna's Bay Area shows lately, but I love that ;)). From the picture Michele linked, there's more seating immediately to the left of the people sitting at the back, but the area to the right of that is where they sell concessions.

danseuse
Cool Stranger

Postby danseuse » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Thanks! Just bought tickets. :)

Kalenabear
Warm Stranger

Postby Kalenabear » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:31 am

Hm, I plan to make a trip up there, too! :D

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:54 am

Michele wrote:. Here is a view of the seating and stage from the top section of seats. There's more elevated rows behind the location of that pic, and they stretch farther both left and right.

Wow - that isn't the Freight and Salvage I remember from the 2004 Holiday show (a very memorable performance). I take it they moved?

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:05 am

You're right Scot, they moved to a larger venue just up the street. Very nice place. But I'll always miss the old location. Great memories. I'll never forget seeing Vienna perform there in June '04. The management said she was the only artist who sold out The Freight in her debut.

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:15 am

Just checked the website and advance tickets are SOLD OUT! Hopefully there will be some at the door. I got 2, but some friends haven't purchased theirs yet. People clearly want their VT holiday fix. Haha
Last edited by aaparallel on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Oh. Crap. Shouldn't have waited for my friends to decide on whether they could make it (and then procrastinated about it for another week). Oops! :?

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:30 pm

tanthalas wrote:Oh. Crap. Shouldn't have waited for my friends to decide on whether they could make it (and then procrastinated about it for another week). Oops! :?

Oh nooo. :( The site says there might be limited standing-room tickets at the door for $32.50. I'm hoping Vienna has comps to spare.

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:55 pm

I'm guessing everyone here has already seen the announcement on Facebook, but for those who missed out on the Dec. 30th show tickets, you can now go see the show on the 29th instead!

http://www.thefreight.org/vienna-teng-0

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:39 pm

It's almost show time! A few more things to know before you go:
- House policy for the Freight is no photography/filming allowed at your seat. You can only take pictures along the back wall behind the soundboard, or at the last row of seats.
- Supposedly there's also now a table in front of the soundboard where you can set up your cameras, including tripods. Since I haven't seen this I can't confirm it.
- It is COLD out here, so bundle up for waiting in line if you want a center seat!
- Standing room seats, if available, are sold at 8pm after the show has already started.
- There's a BurgerMeister around the corner and down a block.

I think that's it. See you all later this week!

intenseinca
Cool Stranger

tickets for Dec 30th

Postby intenseinca » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:18 am

I bought 6 and I think I am only using 4, so I have 2 extras

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Re: tickets for Dec 30th

Postby aaparallel » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:03 am

intenseinca wrote:I bought 6 and I think I am only using 4, so I have 2 extras

For which day?