Jeju Island Korea

Cute café? Bad bar? ... Cute barista!

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Jeju Island Korea

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:35 am

I had a dream this week and in that dream I saw Vienna Teng dressed in a really colorful Hanbok which was bright green with red trim and she was singing in concert at Jeju Island Korea which is known as the Korean version of Hawaii. I was somehow living in a lava tube and people were paying tribute to me in diet coke. I spoke with Vienna briefly after her concert and I told her I needed to pick up more margarine at the store because I had an insatiable desire for toast.

Here are some pictures. It is absolutely beautiful there.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/Waterfall_on_Jeju_Island,_Korea.jpg

There are many resorts there where I think a concert could be held. Looks really cool.
Last edited by Ang Mo on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Once I had a dream that Vienna played the entire Inland Territory album on a sitar. In the background of my dream.

Can we make this a reality, also?

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:07 am

Vienna seems dedicated to the piano. I know she has worked some with guitar but the piano is her home. I think the sitar dream will remain just that unless Vienna channels the spirit of George Harrison or something like that.

However, since she fulfilled the Hawaii prophecy, I know she could also perform on Jeju Island. I read there are American resorts on the island. They probably have concert venues etc.

Check this video out on the island. Looks unique, just like Vienna.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGRoWEW0q8I
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

wolding
Warm Stranger

Postby wolding » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:11 pm

CheJu is truly beautiful. It is a favorite destination for newlyweds to celebrate their honeymoon. The video you provided a link for is great - I've been to most of the locations pictured. I'm not a golfer, but the courses seem nice. I can provide a couple photos to supliment the video.

You saw some female divers dressed in black wet suits. They dive for fresh seafood, which can be purchased and enjoyed immediately. In the "old days" divers used to make their living this way... Divers & diners in foreground; Dragon Head rock in center; a Southern town in the background.

And since you mentioned the caves... many lava tubes are open to the public...

And most have guided tours. They're quite spectacular...

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:44 am

The real lava tube looks so much nicer than the one I was living in........

Anyhow that city looks big enough to have a concert in. It looks real big in fact. Anyhow the singing Hobbit would be very successful there. I can see it. Not to mention causing a Hanbok fad in the United States.

How many times have you visited Jeju, Wolden?

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Ang Mo wrote:Vienna seems dedicated to the piano. I know she has worked some with guitar but the piano is her home. I think the sitar dream will remain just that unless Vienna channels the spirit of George Harrison or something like that.

By odd coincidence, one of Vienna's new Downtown neighbors, Pete Kennedy of The Kennedys, is a master of the electric sitar as well as the guitar. I had never heard of the electric sitar until I saw him play it. Just a random association.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:00 am

I can bench press my body weight in Shiitake Mushrooms but I can't play electric sitar or the regular sitar to be quite honest.

Return to “Venues”