Venue Choices

Cute café? Bad bar? ... Cute barista!

Moderator: Ginny

Jack
Warm Stranger

Postby Jack » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:40 am

Noted artist and architect Maya Ying Lin has stated that she would like to build monuments to the extinction of species, using these possible locations; Yellowstone Nat'l. Park, Tibet, Africa, the Amazon and the ocean floor. A noble excercise from the preeminent designer, but one that made me think of where, if I could make it possible, I would like to see Vienna perform? B)

I would gather Lady Teng, Alan, Marika, Jim and the Twins Eric, and head for the vastness and beauty of China. Setting aside my deep concerns about the politics of the Chinese government (I might add I have those same concerns about our own government), my first venue would be in the center of the Forbidden City. From there, to the Steppes of Mongolia and upon final note, we venture on to Lhasa in Tibet and then out to the Gobi. The next performance is televised on CCTV from atop the 'Great Wall.' The final leg of this dream tour would end in the city if Shaghai. :D

Okay, these are my dream venue selections. Who knows, maybe, one day! ;) In reality though, I would like the next time Vienna performs in Houston, that she perform at a venue that allows a crowd that is quieter and more respectful. I may be wrong with this, but to me and in my opinion, a pub is not the place for her music. :(
I told her I ain't so sure about this place<br>it's hard to play a gig in this town and keep a straight face---Shawn Mullins

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:22 am

Jack,
You ought to come up to the Cactus in Austin next time Vienna plays there. A more appropriate venue, although I would love to see her
on a serious piano sometime, too. It'll be worth the drive, but get there early - the Cactus can fill quickly.

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Garry_066
Howdy, Stranger!

Re: Venue Choices

Postby Garry_066 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:27 am

Being an event manager, I would like to book venue Houston for Vienna Tang if she ever visits here in future. I have already organized many public grand events here in Houston.
Last edited by Garry_066 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Garry_066
Howdy, Stranger!

Re: Venue Choices

Postby Garry_066 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:28 am

Thanks.

Return to “Venues”