Vienna will perform in Hilo Hawaii

Cute café? Bad bar? ... Cute barista!

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Vienna will perform in Hilo Hawaii

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:26 am

Scot, get your camera ready! I don't know if there is a "party barn" there but maybe you could make a grass hut outdoor bar-b-que thing.
Mahalo!!! I don't know what that means but I heard it on Hawaii 5-0.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:19 am

Aloha, Chairman!
Yup - we're getting ready for the Hilo (and Maui) shows all right. I'm
pretty stoke and consider myself quite fortunate that this will be two times now I don't have to travel more than a mile for a show! :)

Mahalo is thank you. If there's a BBQ or grass hut, you will get a picture! :)
s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:10 am

My set list wishes are quite simple:

1. Soon Love Soon (Has to be played, it is a must for this area of the world)

2. Lullaby for a Stormy Night

3. Enough to Go by

4. Antebellum

5 Harbor

6 Shasta

7 Nothing without you

9 Grandmother Song

10 Green Island Serenade

11. Eric's Song

12. Gravity

13. The Tower

14 cover of 'Over the Rainbow' Hawaii style with the ukelele played by Alex.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ltAGuuru7Q

Plus for coming up with 14 great song suggestions I would like one more out of simple greed. I select "Werewolves of London" another cover which has a more remote and astronomical chance of being played and sung by Vienna then Jesus being employed at the local Benihana's over here.

Well now that the fantasy part of my post is over, please post lots of pics Scot when you watch the concert. I have dreamed of this amazing moment ever since I babbled on about it several years ago. It would be really cool if that I Bei Lin performed at the concert with her cello and they do the cover of Eleanor Rigby. I think she is on faculty at the University of Hawaii. If someone is going to make a DVD of a Vienna Teng concert than this would be the one. It's Hawaii, a singing Hobbit's paradise! It is going to be incredible!!

I gotta drink a diet coke and calm down.............
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:37 am

Chairman,

We are off tomorrow morning for Maui to catch the show and spend the day there, then back home for the long-awaited Hilo performance. I'll have to figure out how take picutres without the click-click appearing on my recording!
I'll have to see how the Palace lets me record. :)

Really looking forward to it. I've been putting up flyers around work and
town - so hopefully Hilo won't embarrass itself with too small a crowd!

Reports soon - although I'm off to far off lands in a couple days.....

s
ps- does anyone ever drink just an occasional Diet Coke?
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:56 am

Thanks Scot and we are all going to look forward to seeing the photos and video if you are shooting that. I think both concerts will be amazing.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Maui was great! No photos, :(, but I think I did pull some good audio.
Setlist and comments coming....
s

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:49 am

I will be lurking and waiting for the comments and info like a shark waiting for chum.

Return to “Venues”