Cute café? Bad bar? ... Cute barista!

Moderators: Ginny, The_Man_in_Blue

Postby ben » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:30 am

Dare I say ...Philippines? :wink:
Always look on the bright side of life.
ben
Getting Stranger

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:13 am

It would be a thrilla, to see the Teng perform in Manilla..................... :lol:
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” Sinclair Lewis
Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby rahau » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:01 am

Ang Mo wrote:It would be a thrilla, to see the Teng perform in Manila..................... :lol:

That it would. I'll go a step further. I'm not a betting man, but I have a hundred bucks that says an Asian Tour would be a huge success. Taiwan, mainland China, Hong Kong, the Phillippines, Thailand, Korea ... She would probably sell out every venue. And not just small houses. With the right publicity, we'd be talking soccer and baseball stadiums. Thousands and thousands of Teng-Heads ...
rahau
Even Stranger

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:24 am

"She floats like a butterfly,
she's busy like a bee,
has the voice of a nightingale,
hear her and see."

Her talent is perfect,
don't try to rob it,
just sit back and listen,
to the scone bakin hobbit."

***special thanks to Mohammed Ali for inspiring me with his prose.***

I agree with you Rahau, I think Vienna would hit it big on an Asia tour including Japan also.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” Sinclair Lewis
Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Steve J » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:40 pm

LOL Ang Mo.

(And in addition to Mohammed Ali, many thanks to the person who invented the word "hobbit", for that one word has made possible such a vast multitude of Ang Moian musings.)
Loyal fan/groupie/friend/ETC. of Vienna Teng, Kyler England & Taylor Roberts Music (Now "Glorydive").
Steve J
Hot Stranger

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:50 am

Well I guess it is the fact that Vienna has such big eyes. I don't believe in arranged marriages, but if I had to arrange one, it would be between Vienna and that guy who played a hobbit, Elijah Wood. They both have really big eyes and both seem to be rather curious and behave rather Hobbit like..... :lol:
Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby ben » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:34 am

^ Let me guess... and they will be living in Hobbiteng, Shire? :lol:
Always look on the bright side of life.
ben
Getting Stranger

Postby Ang Mo » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:18 am

Hey Ben,

That is an excellent idea for a movie script. :lol: Hobbiteng, Shire. Has a nice ring to it!
Ang Mo
Tengster

South Florida (this Winter!)

Postby peteb200 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:54 pm

Come on! We won't bite...
I can suggest several venues. Let me know!
peteb200
Howdy, Stranger!

Much Too Silly

Postby KingOfHearts » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:11 pm

Doing my Graham Chapman impression, "Enough with the hobbit jokes. This is much too silly."

But seriously, a great venue for VT to play in SF would be the Great Amercan Music Hall. It's the best small venue in the City.

The Fillmore would be great too, though I'm not sure if there are enough fans to draw an adequate crowd to fill up the joint.
-KH
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - John Belushi.
KingOfHearts
Cool Stranger

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:06 am

Great American Music Hall, May 15, 2003

=)

hrm, weird formatting bug on the expanded detail on that one. i'll have to check that out.
- Eric Miller: occasional forum admin, occasional webmaster -
Eric
Getting Stranger

Postby Myriam » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:15 am

Frank wrote: \[EMAIL=frama50@msn.com\]frama50@msn.com\[/EMAIL\]

Vienna:

Wish you could make a swing through Georgia when you get a chance. Or maybe you have already passed through.
I just heard about your music on the Sarah Brightman Webpage Forum. You are getting nothing but RAVE reviews there. Drop in and say Hi.

The Best Always,

Frank

Well... now I know for sure!! :wink:
Myriam
Myriam
Cool Stranger

Postby Grumpy Frenchman » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:33 pm

First post here (hi folks!) to please please please suggest: Ireland?

Anywhere in Ireland (I'd suggest Dublin for exposure and size, but it's a nasty place - Galway is much more fun. Athlone would be best for me, but maybe a bit small! 8) ). Please! :)

Oh, or France of course. I'd definitely fly back home for a Vienna concert.
Grumpy Frenchman
Cool Stranger

Postby Digital » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:22 pm

I don't know that I'd recommend Vienna play the 9:30 in DC - it's not really known for great acoustics, and the sound frequently sucks there. They just turn it up really loud and hope no one notices. Couple that with no chairs, and it hasn't been high on my list of favorite venues for years. Ufortunately, it's one of the only places of that size in the DC area.

As much as I hate to admit it, places like the Birchmere are more of a listening room where Vienna will really shine.

Enough about that. Venues...

If she played Toronto, it would have been great to see her at C'est What. Haven't been since they gave up the music space, though I think they still feature music acts. C'est What was always one of the best venues - it just had that small club feel.

I'd like to see Vienna at the Westside Cafe in Frderick, MD. It's a small place, but with a good vibe. Sound can vary.

Not sure if Vienna has played the Keswick outside Philly, but that was a great sounding space as well.

La Zona Rosa in Austin, Tx, was a lot of fun last time I was there. I understand backstage has a pair of super comfy recliners. I think many a touring musician has almost missed their own show due to those chairs.

And I'm not sure if the Batic Room is still in existance in Seattle, but that was a cool place if I recall.
Digital
Hot Stranger

Postby Scot » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:25 am

Digital wrote:La Zona Rosa in Austin, Tx, was a lot of fun last time I was there. I understand backstage has a pair of super comfy recliners. I think many a touring musician has almost missed their own show due to those chairs.

That place still there? Great! Seen a lot of good shows at the Zona Rosa.
Mingo Saldivar is one that stands out in my memory, along with the Blasters,
and a few good showcases during SXSW before it became an industry thing.
Ahh....

And then there was Yothu Yindi and the 'Lunch. One gig in TX during
their first tour - and it was free. Amazing show!.....

scot

and yes- Vienna would do well there!
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)
Scot
Tengster

PreviousNext

Return to Venues