Places Vienna should play

Cute café? Bad bar? ... Cute barista!

Moderator: Ginny

Steve J
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve J » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:28 am

She should play in MY backyard! I've got a couple acres of grass going to waste, which we could all gather in, and PLUS maybe if she plays in my own yard I would actually MAKE IT TO HER SHOW, lol.

Like some others of you, I've been unavailable or out of town for several of the shows she's done around here. I have made it to five, but that is not enough. I'll EMail her my calendar so she can plan her future shows in accordance with when I am free. I'll see if that helps... I'm sure it will make a big difference :wink:
Loyal fan/groupie/friend/ETC. of Vienna Teng, Kyler England & Taylor Roberts Music (Now "Glorydive").

Digital
Hot Stranger

Postby Digital » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:37 pm

Scot wrote:That place still there? Great! Seen a lot of good shows at the Zona Rosa.
Mingo Saldivar is one that stands out in my memory, along with the Blasters,
and a few good showcases during SXSW before it became an industry thing.
Ahh....

I was wondering the same thing, but they still have a website, so I guess they are still there. It looks a little different than the last time I was there, but it was five or six years ago (whew).

There's nothing fancy about La Zona Rosa, but it had a great "we're here for the music" vibe.

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:55 am

Carnegie Hall.

Eugene
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Eugene » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:39 am

I saw her play last year in Toronto in the Drake Hotel. It was one of my better concert experiences, and I loved it. I bought Warm Strangers there and I have a signed copy :)

I'd love to see her play in Toronto again, and if she does, I'll be the first person in line for a ticket.

kkkkk
Cool Stranger

Postby kkkkk » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:36 am

Hong Kong, thank you and please.

:D :D :D :D :D

bliu123
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby bliu123 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:20 am

hmm somewhere in the OC plz! dont know many venues down around irvine but, maybe try the Barclay theatre at UCI

http://www.thebarclay.org/

Matt
Cool Stranger

Postby Matt » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:03 pm

*clears throat* ... how about Berlin, Germany? We have great venues, great beer and, most importantly, a lot of people who are actually able to listen.

And yes, I know there's been a gig here last year. But what can I say, I was slow and didn't notice, and there'll surely be plenty of people who'd go a second time. ;)

rtu
Warm Stranger

Postby rtu » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:12 am

she must go to shanghai.

CandaceC
Hot Stranger

Postby CandaceC » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:15 pm

My wedding?

XD

...moving on.

Jefferey
Cool Stranger

Postby Jefferey » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:27 pm

CandaceC wrote:My wedding?

XD

...moving on.

Hehe, someone is dreaming now aren't they. :lol:

CandaceC
Hot Stranger

Postby CandaceC » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:49 am

Maybe if I ask REAAAAAALLY nicely.

>.>

wbon22
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby wbon22 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:47 pm

In Philadelphia. ..where Vienna should play at leat 4 times a year if you ask me, besides the World Cafe Live. . .she should play the Tin Angel (with just her keyboard), or the Philadelphia Museum of Art's Art after 5. Hurm, maybe North by Northwest as well, that would take in most of the city.
Now matter where you go, there you are.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:51 am

CandaceC wrote:My wedding?

What? Is there an announcement already? :>

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

rtu
Warm Stranger

Postby rtu » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:57 am

just saw on the tour dates that vienna will be playing at the red rocks amphitheatre in colorado. though i've never seen a show there, i've visited and was just in awe. i always wondered what it would be like to play in (or watch someone playing in) such an amazing setting. and i remember once thinking, vienna should play there. and now she is, only i won't be able to witness it. whoever goes better take lots of pictures and videos.

ChinaRose
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby ChinaRose » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:21 pm

I would be so thrilled if Vienna comes to play anywhere near the west coast of Canada. All the shows are quite the truck for me right now, but I am determined to see a live show in my lifetime preferrably at a small and intimate venue. Tori Amos is playing the Orphem Theatre in Granville Island in December. Could be a good venue *Hint *Hint* LOL

Return to “Venues”