Places Vienna should play

Cute café? Bad bar? ... Cute barista!

Moderator: Ginny

Malanai
Cool Stranger

Postby Malanai » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:19 am

kevin wrote:
So, Vienna, are you coming to Indiana some day? Or better, West Lafayette, a university city where Purdue is located. I believe you'd be well received here.

Actually, she played in Indianapolis last November. It was great ^_~ But I do hope she gets back around here soon! I can't make it to Cleveland or Michigan, it's just too far this time. : (
--Penny

jblittle
Warm Stranger

Postby jblittle » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:24 pm

I posted this elsewhere, but am posting it on this thread, as well.

For other Minneapolis/St. Paul residents:

The Minnesota zoo puts on a series of summer concerts. Sue McLean is the promoter who lines up acts for those concerts. If you want to see Vienna at one of those concerts, go to the following website, click on "Ask Sue," and suggest Vienna.

<a href='http://www.suemclean.com/frames.html' target='_blank'>http://www.suemclean.com/frames.html</a>

I already e-mailed Rick Cady, who is one of Vienna's booking agents. It turns out that Rick's home town is Minneapolis, and he's friends with Sue McLean. He suggested I contact her to suggest Vienna so that she hears about Vienna from more than one source. Let's make sure she hears about Vienna from all of her fans in the Minneaplis/St. Paul area.

JimAllan
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby JimAllan » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:54 pm

Saw her Saturday night (3/13) at the Montage Grill, in Rochester NY. Wonderful performance! Good venue, but still too much background distraction for the truly dedicated listening her music and lyrics deserve (remember, I keep telling myself, if you throw your table at that group it won't actually improve the acoustic ambience - only my mood). I would ask her to look into Caffé Lena, in Saratoga Springs, NY. Small, intimate, like a 60's student coffee house, or so I imagine. Also a five-star (five-alarm?) firetrap, but hey. First time I went was to see a great male folk duo, Lowen & Navarro, whose music I had listened to for over a decade. Not knowing what to expect, I found a reserved table from which I could have helped tune their guitars; it was amazing, and would suit her beautifully.

Guest_Alderon

Postby Guest_Alderon » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:39 pm

I would like to suggest

Buffalo, NY!

as for a specific venue... sorry, I don't know of any, but this would partly be for the Canadian fans
who would come out from Toronto!

Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo (if not Toronto)

Guest_JimAllan

Postby Guest_JimAllan » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:28 pm

Okay Guest_Alderon (did I get that right?), in Buffalo try The Tralf (http://www.tralf.com/). Their usual bookings seem a little retro but another great topology for Ms. Teng.

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:37 am

If you want to stop by someplace near Detroit, MI, you could try the Meadowbrook Theatre, in Rochester, MI.

Of course, I am once again biased, because I work there :D However, it's a nice place to have a smaller concert, ( smaller compared to big things with 10's of thousands of poeple :D ). Meadowbrook holds about 5000 people, but a lot of smaller shows come through it. I personally like the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, but thats just me :D

Anyway, you can check it out <a href='http://www.mbtheatre.com/' target='_blank'>Here</a>

zep

Postby zep » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:58 am

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>AUSTIN, TX</span></span></span>

even though i don't live there, Austin has to be one of the BEST music cities. i suggest the <a href='http://www.aclfestival.com/' target='_blank'>Austin City Limits Music Festival</a> (or Austin City Limits itself!!!)

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:55 pm

Zep - Have you checked the "tour" link at the top of the page? Better do it before this Wednesday!

Keith
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:30 am

Hi...first heard Vienna back in January in a National Public Radio interview...love both albums...I sing the Feather Moon refrain to myself as I ride my bike up and down the mountain here in Kula, Maui...is there anybody else who will vote with me to bring Vienna to Hawaii...I think Vienna would enjoy playing Grandma's Coffee House in Keokea...Vienna, please bring a long extension cord for your piano...Grandma's only has one outlet and it's under the watercolor of the jacarunda trees framed by the windows behind the pastry display...Keith
P.S. I might be wrong about the outlet situation...K.

zep
Cool Stranger

Postby zep » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:58 pm

Steve wrote: Zep - Have you checked the "tour" link at the top of the page? Better do it before this Wednesday!

yeah, i saw that. terrific choice :) in my opinion, there is no better place for music than Austin.
i don't live in Austin so i won't be able to make a mid-week concert there, but i will be at Friday's show @ the Gypsy Tea Room.

MundeleinHoward
Cool Stranger

Postby MundeleinHoward » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:41 am

Can't wait until she comes back to the SF bay area,missed her just a little while ago :( As far as other places,I've heard(tho never been) that the 9:30 club in Washington is over-sold on a regular basis.I read other bands' sites & have heard a lot of negative things about that place.Just my $.02,for what it's worth. Again I've never been,just what I've read.
Take care, be well, PEACE

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:37 pm

I have many happy memories of the 9:30 Club...getting backstage to talk to bands...meeting some very important people in my life...getting picked up and carried offstage...running out during an encore to catch the last Metro out (I believe they've fixed that, but since I don't live there anymore I'm not sure)... The bad thing about the 9:30 Club, other than that Metro problem, is the area it's in. Supposedly the old location had more problems, any band complaints I've read about the place are years old. Although I'd love to see Vienna get booked there, the Birchmere is much more appropriate, and it's good to see she'll be opening for Lo and Nav. Next time it better be headlining though ;)

Frank

Postby Frank » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:05 am

\[EMAIL=frama50@msn.com\]frama50@msn.com\[/EMAIL\]

Vienna:

Wish you could make a swing through Georgia when you get a chance. Or maybe you have already passed through.
I just heard about your music on the Sarah Brightman Webpage Forum. You are getting nothing but RAVE reviews there. Drop in and say Hi.

The Best Always,

Frank

Danni
Cool Stranger

YES!

Postby Danni » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:45 am

Guest_Alderon wrote: I would like to suggest

Buffalo, NY!

as for a specific venue... sorry, I don't know of any, but this would partly be for the Canadian fans
who would come out from Toronto!

Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo (if not Toronto)

Yes yes yes! I live in Cheektowaga/Buffalo NY! I would definitely not mind traveling to Toronto or even Columbus, Ohio... I used to live in Pittsburgh, PA so even the drive there wouldn't be too bad. But somewhere in Western NY would be great :)

I'm going to try to get to see Vienna on Tuesday in Philly... but I'm just not sure if I can make it ;_;

I really hope to see you Vienna! x)

Take care,
~Danni

Endy'
Cool Stranger

Postby Endy' » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:14 pm

I'd also like to toss in a vote for Toronto...I don't know if there has been a reason for not playing shows north of the border but I would love to see you play here in Toronto.

failing that, the closer to Toronto, the better (Buffalo is nice, Ann Arbor is getting a little far)... ;)

Return to “Venues”