Blender Theater, Dec 6

Cute café? Bad bar? ... Cute barista!

Moderator: Ginny

wolding
Warm Stranger

Blender Theater, Dec 6

Postby wolding » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:00 pm

Shonen Knife opened their North American tour at the Blender Theater on Nov 19. I was there to see them absolutely ROCK the joint! Then I saw them in Philly and DC as well - what a great week!

The Blender is a very nice place. A nice big stage, elevated at a comfortable height. A very big open floor, and then lots of theater seating. Excellent sound system and lighting. Friendly staff. A lower level for coat-check, merchandise, etc. It was easy to get to by walking from Penn Station, down Broadway, to 23rd Street.

While I can't make the trip, I highly recommend the venue and Vienna's date to anyone in the Northeast.

bofis
Warm Stranger

Postby bofis » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:06 pm

Any idea what their policy is on photography or bringing in what some venues have called a "professional camera"? I would really like to bring my DSLR to this show and I'm sure everyone on the forum would enjoy the shots if I could.

This can go out to everyone then, any ideas on what I should do if they do try to give me a hard time about my camera? A while back Irving Plaza made me check it because they said I needed a photo pass to use my camera in there, though allowed everyone with smaller cameras of course. I asked how I could get a photo pass and they just told me I had to have arranged it earlier.

So, Vienna, may I have a photo pass please? ;-)

--Dan

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:14 pm

We got the same, no photos/videos w/o a photo pass, when we called a while back. (IIRC the same folks run Irving Plaza and the Blender @ Gramercy.) We have seen pics on flickr taken with a DSLR of concerts at the Blender but don't know if they had the photo pass or if they are lax with the rules. If Paul, The_Man_in_Blue, is there, he may be able to help.

We were planning to attend but unfortunately it looks like it won't happen this time (Our batting average is around .500 but 0 for the last 3) :( :( :(

Return to “Venues”