Raleigh Music Hall - May 2

Cute café? Bad bar? ... Cute barista!

Moderator: Ginny

wolding
Warm Stranger

Raleigh Music Hall - May 2

Postby wolding » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:56 am

How nice to have Vienna come to Raleigh to help celebrate my birthday! :D
Wouldn't it be nice to have all the NC Strangers there!?!

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:07 pm

Sure would, but the ten hour round trip on a weeknight sorta puts a damper on it for me...

schardonnay
Howdy, Stranger!

Re: Raleigh Music Hall - May 2

Postby schardonnay » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:40 am

wolding wrote:How nice to have Vienna come to Raleigh to help celebrate my birthday! :D
Wouldn't it be nice to have all the NC Strangers there!?!

Absolutely! She's in our Music calendar for May 2nd at the Raleigh Music Hall. (http://www.raleighmusic.com)

I'll do my best to make it out to that show, even though it is on a weeknight.

Have a happy birthday!

~Schar

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:32 am

Welcome Schardonnay! I hope everyone has fun at the concert. I not planning to go to this one. 10p.m. on a weeknight during finals, in a town 1.5hrs away from home is not a good idea for me. :( Bill, I hope you have a fabulous birthday! ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Steve J
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve J » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:21 am

Dang, I'm not gonna be able to make it either.
Similar the situation with Steve and Ginny, it's toooooooooo far for a weeknight. In May and June, I'm pretty much forbidden from taking time off from work since it is budgeting season again.... BORINGGGGGGGG.
Loyal fan/groupie/friend/ETC. of Vienna Teng, Kyler England & Taylor Roberts Music (Now "Glorydive").

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:51 am

Isn't that town named after Sir Walter Raleigh. The man responsible for the world's smoking problems? Old Walter use to hang out with Queen Vic and they would smoke and talk philosophy. That is when Sir Walter scientifically proved the weight of smoke.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

wolding
Warm Stranger

Postby wolding » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:00 am

Schardonnay: Welcome to the forum. Look for me in one of the two T-shirts available from the merch link. I'm taller than I look in my avatar, but just as ugly. :P

I'm not sure of the time: The posters I've been distributing say 8pm, but the default time on the RMH site say doors at 9, show at 10. No reply to my email asking the RMH staff.

Ang Mo: The only thing I know about Sir Walter Raleigh and cigarettes is what John Lennon wrote about him in a song. (Truly great song, at that). There is a bronze statue of him downtown, so I know he had a large belly....
Bill

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:04 pm

wolding wrote: The only thing I know about Sir Walter Raleigh and cigarettes is what John Lennon wrote about him in a song. (Truly great song, at that). There is a bronze statue of him downtown, so I know he had a large belly....

Sounds like two things to me. ;>

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue May 02, 2006 7:47 am

All sites have been updated to say doors at 7, show at 8.

ShaynePepper
Warm Stranger

Postby ShaynePepper » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:15 am

I can't believe I missed this show.

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:21 pm

She'll be back. You sure got my hopes up, though, resurrecting this old thread! I'm in the other end of the state, but when she's in Raleigh she usually comes this way, too. Right now she's got a few open dates around her May 9 show in Atlanta, so there's still hope. (And Atlanta is only a few hours away, if not!)

Return to “Venues”