Estonia clips on Songscraps - awesome!

Got media?

Moderators: Michele, The_Man_in_Blue

Jazzfrac
Warm Stranger

Postby Jazzfrac » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:44 pm

I was just visiting the Songscraps page ( <a href='http://viennateng.com/v1/etcetera/songscraps.html' target='_blank'>http://viennateng.com/v1/etcetera/songscraps.html</a> ) to get a lyric when I saw a chair I must not have seen before! Suddenly I was hearing 3 great clips from a jam session VT had with Jim Batcho, John Given, and Eli Manjarrez. I'm sure this is old news to most of you, but then I thought to check Jim Batcho's personal site ( www.jimbatcho.com ) and sure enough there were several more clips from that same jam session including a small clip of the band doing "In My Arrival".
So if any of you haven't heard these yet, enjoy!

chigaijin
Warm Stranger

Re: Estonia clips on Songscraps - awesome!

Postby chigaijin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:26 am

This was a fun find, a surprise reward after a bit of exploration yesterday. The jam session is gone, but in its place are four recordings, most of them very much unlike any of Vienna's released material. Thank you, Past Tim!

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Fitting to boost this before the Philly show - I hope Tim's family is going tonight...

But yes, when I see fans or the press say Vienna went in a new direction for this album, I have to chuckle. She even replied to Eli's post on Facebook, "Close to Home is totally an Estonia caboose baby. :)"

chigaijin
Warm Stranger

Postby chigaijin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:25 am

That was what brought it up: a hypothetical Close to Home / Subway mix.

EDIT: Also, Urbanismo reminds me of the soundtrack for Bastion, such as "Brusher Patrol".

Return to “Recordings, Photos, Videos”