Live version of "The Tower"

Got media?

Moderators: Michele, The_Man_in_Blue

ballegre
Warm Stranger

Postby ballegre » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:03 pm

I scrounged a recording of the live show at Six Strings Cafe in Cary, NC in May. The recording is not so great so I took the priviledge of editing with the only music editor I can find. Vienna's voice on the original was way..err..over-driven I think the term is, so it was distorted. After much trial and error I think I made it sound better. I tried to be very gentle. Note I have no idea what I'm doing so if anyone really has a clue I can try to get you the originals so private mail me. I hope to put many of the others out there as well but I have limited disk space so if anyone wants to host these unique recordings let me know. So far, I have only completed a single song. I really like the way Vienna and Kyler sing together, so here is my favorite from that evening, "the Tower" by Vienna Teng with backup vocals by the wonderful Kyler - very raw!

<a href='http://www.employees.org/~ballegre/music/music.html' target='_blank'>http://www.employees.org/~ballegre/music/music.html</a>

Thanks,

Bob

sheeba
Hot Stranger

Postby sheeba » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:10 pm

Thank you, Bob. You did a great job! Keep them coming!

ctakim
Warm Stranger

Postby ctakim » Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:34 am

Doesn't Vienna have a wonderful speaking voice? I could enjoy listening to her just reading the phone book out loud! Thanks for sharing this with us!

ctakim

Jennifer
Cool Stranger

Postby Jennifer » Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:12 pm

Thanks--that was wonderful! I like Vienna's speaking voice as well. Also--Vienna and Kyler sound wonderful together! Maybe they should consider a recording together. Jennifer

ShaynePepper
Warm Stranger

Postby ShaynePepper » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:04 am

Thanks for posting!!

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:34 am

Excellent post Ballegre, that was exceptional. Well done, I love that version of The Tower.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

emma
Cool Stranger

Postby emma » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:43 am

you're right, ctakim. vienna really does have a great speaking voice. i've never really heard it before, because i haven't been on any of her shows. (and i do hope that she'll come to perform here in the philippines in the future.) so, anyway, what i really wanted to say is that this file is really a treat for me. i hope that there'll be a lot more of this in the future. thanks, ballegre! =)

sheeba
Hot Stranger

Postby sheeba » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:42 am

I love her speaking voice too. It's rich and deep. I like how she speaks with her hands too. She should do voice-overs, movie dubs, books on tape/cd, more interviews...anything. She should just talk non-stop...when she's not singing.

shachi
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby shachi » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:04 pm

Vienna's speaking voice is great. I love it. Perfect tone. Its like you just want to hear her speak.

ctakim
Warm Stranger

Postby ctakim » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:26 am

Hi Sheeba:

Just a quick off topic question. What is that picture under your name? It looks like someone wrapped in paper mache flowers?

ctakim :huh:

ballegre
Warm Stranger

Postby ballegre » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:42 pm

Been wondering too...is it something from that bizarre (but interesting) film "Brazil"?

Alderon
Warm Stranger

Postby Alderon » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:17 pm

actually i've been wondering too. what is that avatar a picture of? looks sort of like a bride or something... but i can't really tell.

sheeba
Hot Stranger

Postby sheeba » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:04 pm

It's a photograph of Frida Kahlo, one of my favorite artists. She's donning a traditional ceremonial (probably wedding) Mexican headdress of lace and fresh flowers.

ctakim
Warm Stranger

Postby ctakim » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:26 am

Mystery solved Sheeba! Should've known you'd be a patron of the arts, visual and aural.

ctakim

myr heille
Cool Stranger

Postby myr heille » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:40 pm

Thank you very much, Ballegre! I've always found the drums on The Tower to be a bit too pronounced, and this version is thus perfect! :)

Return to “Recordings, Photos, Videos”