StageIt Shows

Got media?

Moderators: Michele, The_Man_in_Blue

Ferrard Carson
Cool Stranger

StageIt Shows

Postby Ferrard Carson » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:07 am

I'm trying to comprehend the legalese in StageIt's TOS, and as I understand it, they do not concern themselves with people uploading a StageIt "broadcaster"'s video... If I were to record video, would it violate copyright law of any sort to post it to YouTube so that those of us who couldn't attend can view it?

~ Ferrard

Michele
Strange

Re: StageIt Shows

Postby Michele » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:37 am

I'm concerned about it too, but when links to the last show were posted, I searched and saw plenty of other shows by other artists. I guess it's post at your own risk; as long as the songs are from the albums or on the OK list on the recording policy post, they're fine from Vienna's side.

I'm not home currently, but will recap the Warm Strangers show over in Performances once I can hear it properly ;)

Ferrard Carson
Cool Stranger

Re: StageIt Shows

Postby Ferrard Carson » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:21 am

Well, it looks like plenty of people have video of StageIt concerts up on YouTube, so barring a terrible, terrible storm in the DFW area, I'll get the whole concert (minus Homecoming, unfortunately - I didn't get FRAPS up and running in time) posted during the first half of this week.

Also, when it comes to the seamless-transition songs, does anyone have recommendations? Should I upload the entire sequence and put in time-markers, or should I separate them by song? I'm leaning towards the latter since it was three or four songs without pause.

~ Ferrard

Return to “Recordings, Photos, Videos”