What's she doing in this photo?

Got media?

Moderators: Michele, The_Man_in_Blue

echeng
Hot Stranger

Postby echeng » Thu May 06, 2004 9:13 am

I wasn't going to release this to the public, but Vienna said, "you should post it on the forums and have people guess what I'm doing!"

So here ya go. Took this photo two nights ago. Believe it or not, this is actually a very frequent Vienna Teng look, but "turned up" to 125% or so. :)

Eric H Cheng | http://echeng.com
(Note: Cheng. Not Miller! ;-) )

shawn
Hot Stranger

Postby shawn » Thu May 06, 2004 1:39 pm

That's easy - she's reading this forum. ("What the $@&% did he just write there???") :lol:

zep
Cool Stranger

Postby zep » Thu May 06, 2004 1:46 pm

i know, i know!

she's battling some evil creature in a video game. and she is like 1 hit shy of dying. lol

(actually, i bet she is reading something...internet or sheet music with really tiny notation ?)

ctakim
Warm Stranger

Postby ctakim » Thu May 06, 2004 2:32 pm

I have absolutely no clue, but I would love to know. Given Vienna's intent look, it has to be something very interesting!

ctakim

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Thu May 06, 2004 3:01 pm

shawn wrote:That's easy - she's reading this forum.  ("What the $@&% did he just write there???") :lol:

If she is reading the forums in this picture, she must've come across a post by "Orwin Porter Rockwell." LOL I have to admit that while some of his posts are pretty over the top, his comment promising never to impersonate a piano again made me laugh. :P Or maybe in this picture Vienna is witnessing my kitten Stuckey puncturing my waterbed. That happened 2 nights ago so the timing is right! ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri May 07, 2004 6:39 pm

Eating a very sour candy/plum?
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Jack
Warm Stranger

Postby Jack » Sat May 08, 2004 3:20 am

Gazing intently at her cell phone/WI-FI bill since being on tour? :lol:
I told her I ain't so sure about this place<br>it's hard to play a gig in this town and keep a straight face---Shawn Mullins

Alderon
Warm Stranger

Postby Alderon » Sun May 09, 2004 4:36 pm

She is playing music, sight-reading it, at a piano (and burning a hole into the pages with her eyeballs).

Alderon

Alderon
Warm Stranger

Postby Alderon » Mon May 10, 2004 2:06 am

so echeng, can you tell me if my guess is correct above? (or if any of us has guessed correctedly yet?)

Alderon

leikela
Cool Stranger

Postby leikela » Mon May 10, 2004 3:14 am

it looks like she could be at the piano
Rachel

joe_mate
Cool Stranger

Postby joe_mate » Mon May 10, 2004 5:47 pm

:unsure:

Holding her breath is my best guess, but that shouldn't be a frequent look.
<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>~ joe_mate</span></span>

Steve J
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve J » Tue May 11, 2004 12:32 am

She just swallowed a 24 inch long Udon noodle, however... half is in her stomach but some is still up in her mouth, and it is kinda stuck, so she is trying to decide whether to cough it back up, or keep trying to swallow it, or reach in there and grab it..... tell us which she did.
:D
Loyal fan/groupie/friend/ETC. of Vienna Teng, Kyler England & Taylor Roberts Music (Now "Glorydive").

vinh
Warm Stranger

Postby vinh » Tue May 11, 2004 10:20 pm

i think Alderon has pretty much gotten it. it's the best guess given the context in which the picture was originally posted (Eric's Journal)... one might venture to guess that Vienna's thought in that picture was...

"Why can't they just write the chords above each bar?"

:lol:

Eric (i apologize if i'm being too casual, would you prefer Mr. Cheng?), I love your photography! Incredible photos @ your site. I also really liked the infrared stuff in the recent entry. The eyes really draw a viewer in. Oh, and really nice site in general. A person could easily blow a lot of time exploring your site! :o

Vienna
Warm Stranger

Postby Vienna » Wed May 12, 2004 2:24 am

The answer to the mystery:

Yeah, I'm sight-reading. More accurately, I'm failing to sight-read. I think it's some relatively simple Brahms sonata. :)

It's been good getting back in front of some sheet music, and playing something other than my own finished songs. Thanks for humoring me, Eric.

Return to “Recordings, Photos, Videos”