Aug 13th Atherton Benefit Concert

Just say no to hydrocarbons.

Moderator: The_Man_in_Blue

Kenji
Warm Stranger

Aug 13th Atherton Benefit Concert

Postby Kenji » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:07 am

Anybody driving up from SoCal to the Atherton event on Sat. Aug 13th. My friend Jessi lives in SoCal and really wants to attend the Aug 13th event, but she needs someone to help with the gas expenses of the trip. She has a car (that is almost registered in CA now, :wink: inside joke )

I will throw in a free ticket to the Atherton Benefit Concert (a $65 ticket) if someone can share a ride with her up and back. And I will fill up her tank up before she goes back home. Ok, this is a long shot, but doesnt hurt to ask.

Jessi
Warm Stranger

Postby Jessi » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:41 pm

Thanks to Kenji for thinking of me and putting this post up. However, it doesn't look promising and it's Friday.

I did want to mention that I'm an excellent driver (Vienna will laugh), but it's true.

Despite it's length I think the drive could be a lot of fun. Anyway, regardless of whether I make it the show will be awesome. So thanks to everyone who bought tickets, cause it's going to benefit an important organization.

Kenji
Warm Stranger

Postby Kenji » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:15 am

If we would have thought of it earlier, we probably could have had the Man in Blue swing by SoCal and pick you up. After driving to see Vienna in Colorado, he drove all the way out to Atherton, CA for the show tomorrow.

Jessi
Warm Stranger

Postby Jessi » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:03 am

It's all good. I'm there in spirit.

I'm grateful for the efforts. Makes me feel special. :D

Man in Blue, wow that's a lot of driving. I admire it, cause just thinking about the 10 hours I'd have to drive to and from SF makes me wince and what will ultimately keep me in SoCal. That's by myself. I woulda went if someone came with. Oh well, but the things I will get done this weekend!

In a not completely unrelated story that's just so funny I can't not share with ya'll. Yesterday my pretty fuel efficient car, Honda Civic, was on E. The little gas light was on. I only had five bucks to tide me until payday, better known as TGIF. Readers: you may not be aware but gas prices in CA are souring. $2.77/gal at Shell today. So as you can imagine $5 wasn't gonna get me a lot. Actually, I only put 1.78 gals in my car. Feeling confident it was enough to get me home and back to work the next day I turn over the ignition. And the little light warning you of your impending walk to the gas station was still on! My friend and I couldn't help but laugh. Luckily these things don't worry me. And I was still able to get home and back to work the next day. Hooray for Honda. It's days like these that make me wish I were a millionaire. :lol: Sigh.

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:34 pm

LOL I'm glad you got home safely and in a timelyl fashion, with no walks to the gas station. :) Wow, $2.77 a gallon?! And I thought $2.43 here was bad.....~G
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

eevony
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby eevony » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:58 am

this might sound weird, but i went to the concert and i heard about a person named kenji. HAHA. okay that was really irrelevant.

Return to “Carpooling”