Winters concert

Just say no to hydrocarbons.

Moderator: The_Man_in_Blue

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:25 pm

Thought I'd offer a ride up to Winters from San Francisco for the concert next week. It's a 21+ show, and we'd be leaving ridiculously early around 3:30pm. I hate leaving during traffic time, and the pasta place across the street from the venue looks promising. Who knows when we'd get home? We sure don't, though it's likely to be a relatively early night back. PM or e-mail me if interested.

Kenji
Warm Stranger

Postby Kenji » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:49 am

Hi Michele,

Thanks for the offer. I was thinking about trying to get away from work and head up to Winters to see the concert, but I couldnt get away from work early and get up there from San Jose. Sure would have liked to see her perform though. I did tell my co-worker, who has a relative in Winters, so she could tell her relative to go see Vienna.

And her Villa Montalvo tickets for the 22nd have been sold out since early June, so did not have any luck procuring any tickets for Friday either. But, saw that there may be a special December Bay Area event coming, so maybe I'll be able to secure a ticket, if I find out in time and act fast enough.

vinh
Warm Stranger

Postby vinh » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:53 am

Kenji, you're not alone... I wanted to go to the Winters concert too... it's only about 2 hours away from me (including traffic), I would've made it if I left right after work. unfortunately things came up today and i couldn't go... sigh...

it sure would be nice if Vienna could add another Northern California / Bay Area tour date... yup yup. ;) not like she's reading this or anything. :P i'm just playing, don't mind me. i shall patiently await any future local tour dates... or albums... whichever comes first. :D

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:05 pm

I've been wondering...why didn't you guys go see the September Montalvo show? It was a festival, but she played a full 80 minute set...we didn't know that til the day of the show though. When the show was first posted, the Montalvo website was vague about set length, then we checked before we left that morning and got excited. Up til then, we hadn't wanted to pay for the festival, either, and it was on a Sunday...so there are lots of reasons why, but I was curious what yours were.

vinh
Warm Stranger

Postby vinh » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:29 pm

eh? Montalvo? i just checked the tour archives and you're right, it was held on a Sunday at 2pm. that's a pretty ideal kind of date and time. i'm pretty sure i would've gone. i probably saw "Montalvo" and instantly assumed it was the sold out show. i guess the lesson here is to "read the fine print" :D

Kenji
Warm Stranger

Postby Kenji » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:54 am

Hi Michele,

I wanted to go to her Sep. performance, but unfortunately, could not make it that day. Did you enjoy the Winters concert? How was the turn out?

Hi Vinh, guess we'll have to wait for a Dec. concert.

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:02 pm

Kenji wrote: Did you enjoy the Winters concert? How was the turn out?

It was a very nice evening. I have not seen the trio do a full set, so I was pleased to hear they've started doing two sets with the break, as Vienna used to back when she was touring solo for Waking Hour. Attendance was about 30, actually a little more than I expected.

Hopefully you guys can see the next show. She's played the South Bay six times this year and SF only twice though, and the only East Bay show was closed to the public. I can't really say the South Bay has been totally deprived ;) I do find it a little odd that she played DC/VA/MD more than here this year...

Return to “Carpooling”