Meet up for The Fourth Messenger (Ashby / Berkeley, CA)

Just say no to hydrocarbons.

Moderator: The_Man_in_Blue

chigaijin
Warm Stranger

Meet up for The Fourth Messenger (Ashby / Berkeley, CA)

Postby chigaijin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:54 am

This is...not exactly the right section for this? Anyway, I haven't bought my Fourth Messenger ticket yet…is there a particular day people are going? I'd prefer a weekend cause it's easier for me to get to Berkeley / East Bay on weekends.

Also, I live in SF, so when I go to East Bay I usually go for the whole evening. Anyone interesting in getting dinner beforehand?

Michele
Strange

Re: Meet up for The Fourth Messenger (Ashby / Berkeley, CA)

Postby Michele » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:06 pm

Can't speak for everyone but I think most people are going to the first preview night, Wednesday February 6, and some people are going on Friday February 8. I'm also going to the closing show, Sunday March 10. Weekends are tough, mine are all booked up. I guess I might end up going on Valentine's Day just so I can get a review posted? Argh. We might do something fun on Saturday February 9 during the day, will post once some plans are actually determined.

Ashby Stage is right across the street from Ashby BART.

As for dinner, I'll let others weigh in on that...unfortunately it's tough for me to get to the venue sooner than right before it starts.

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:12 pm

I'm going on Feb 8, and I got 4 tickets, 1 (possibly 2) up for grabs. I'm might be able to meet up before or after, depending on when I get out of Stockton. Thinking of taking BART with my friend unless anyone can take us from Sunnyvale (thanks in advance).
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

chigaijin
Warm Stranger

Postby chigaijin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:24 am

Okay, just got my ticket for the 8th!

chigaijin
Warm Stranger

Postby chigaijin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:32 am

(sorry, Michele…weekdays are hard for me!)

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:46 pm

We (my wife and I) will be there for the 7th, 8th and 9th. I may have an extra pair of tickets for the "grand opening" night of the 9th, but am not sure yet. Have invited a friend out in the area and he hasn't let me know if he can make it yet.

Hard to believe this long term dream is now less than a month away from becoming a reality! My thoughts and prayers are with all of those working so hard to make it happen.
Chris

chigaijin
Warm Stranger

Postby chigaijin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:51 am

As cmooreNC pointed out, this is now less than a week away!

Unfortunately, not only does there not seem to be anywhere nice for several people to eat around this part of Berkeley, but (of course) Friday's still a work day, which for me means not getting to Ashby BART until ~7:00. So I'll probably just find some kind of take-out and then walk down to hang out at the theater until the doors open. Hope to see you guys there!

I'll be wearing a name tag again

Return to “Carpooling”