Kyler England, she loves our cookies, lol

So many delicious treats, only two ears.

Moderator: Ginny

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:48 pm

Bumping this up again since the full-length came out. Along with the main songs from the EP, the album has them switched out singing lead on each other's solo songs. There's a couple of Kyler's new songs that have only been up on her MySpace and performed live on there. Finishing off the album is a new version of Break Me Out, which was great already, and even better with it rearranged a little bit. And I'm done saying "great" today...

Jessi
Warm Stranger

Postby Jessi » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:33 pm

Hello friends.

I posted a Garrison Starr CD contest giveaway on my blog, but I also happen to have an extra The Rescues full length album. If you participate in my contest, I'll throw that CD in as well.

http://quintessentiallosangelesstreet.blogspot.com/

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:45 am

Bump up for The Rescues adding some tour dates in the south, along with a residency in Los Angeles. Their MySpace friends have blown up - nearly caught up with Vienna already! I was fortunate enough to catch them while I was in SoCal the other week. Adrianne and Gabe are a riot between songs! I can hardly wait for their Mountain Stage show with Vienna to air.

Kyler told me after the show that she'll have her own new album ready by the time she comes back to the Bay Area for a house concert at the end of this month. Sadly I can't go to the show, but I'll be checking CD Baby like mad for it.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Kyler England and the band she's in (The Rescues) recently have had a song featured on the new Lifetime show Drop Dead Diva.

So did Katie Herzig, for the record.

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:36 pm

The Rescues are playing their first show in Northern California tonight at Cafe du Nord. This'll be my first time seeing them with their new band member. Looking forward to it...but I didn't think to make cookies for them, drat.

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Rrrrrgh, I meant to do a show writeup and didn't get around to it. Maybe soon...

But seriously, drop any plans you may have when this band is in town, and go see them.

http://www.therescues.com/tour/
5/17 New York
5/18 Philadelphia
5/19 Boston
5/20 Narragansett, RI
5/21 Troy
5/22 Newmarket, NH
5/23 Fairfield, CT
5/25 Annapolis
5/26 Vienna
5/27 Chapel Hill
5/28 Charlotte
5/30 Decatur
5/31 Birmingham
6/1 Nashville
6/7 Detroit
6/8 Chicago
6/9 Milwaukee
6/12 Denver

Lilith Fair:
8/8 Atlanta
8/10 West Palm Beach

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:16 pm

Bump.

Their album is out and available on iTunes, and those who have yet to hear them can download one of their songs for free here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/break- ... d377952328

Also, I've had Kyler's Simple Machine playing in my car for almost a month now...

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:55 am

While The Rescues have released a new video and are working on new songs, all the band members have been doing solo stuff too. Busy busy!

Kyler's been writing and started recording her next album, but she's raising funds through PledgeMusic to finish it. The video for the project is excellent; I bet it's a great indication of things to come.

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:21 am

Michele wrote:While The Rescues have released a new video and are working on new songs, all the band members have been doing solo stuff too. Busy busy!

Kyler's been writing and started recording her next album, but she's raising funds through PledgeMusic to finish it. The video for the project is excellent; I bet it's a great indication of things to come.

I pledged and mine came a few days back. I'm listening to it now and it's really great. Not my usual style (more toward pop) but I like it anyway.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:30 pm

The new album is out today! It's on iTunes and also, it looks like some of the dance songs featuring her voice are there too. You can search for her alter ego, Relyk, to find more of those 8)

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:58 am

Michele wrote:The new album is out today! It's on iTunes and also, it looks like some of the dance songs featuring her voice are there too. You can search for her alter ego, Relyk, to find more of those 8)

And it's an excellent album at that! (Listening right now....)

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Feb 4 show at Fremont Coffee Roasting

Postby aaparallel » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:21 am

Wayne and Sue are hosting Kyler at Mission Coffee in Fremont on Saturday, Feb. 4. Put it on your calendar! :)
Last edited by aaparallel on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

tanthalas
Tengster

Re: Feb 4 show at Fremont Coffee Roasting

Postby tanthalas » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:46 am

It's probably not a good idea to advertise anything that isn't posted on her tour page yet. My apologies if W&S gave you the okay to post this, though.

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Re: Feb 4 show at Fremont Coffee Roasting

Postby aaparallel » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:10 pm

tanthalas wrote:It's probably not a good idea to advertise anything that isn't posted on her tour page yet. My apologies if W&S gave you the okay to post this, though.

Ah, true. They told Michele and Erik the other day, and the date is on their calendar. But probably will have to wait for the final OK from Kyler.

Thanks for the heads-up about Ari's show!
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Ah - awesome! Thanks for the heads up and confirmation. :) I had it on my calendar from a previous exchange with Kyler, but it was only tentative at the time. It's great that this is actually happening! :)

edit: It also looks like Kyler just posted this on Facebook/Twitter... so it's officially official, woohoo!

Now I just need to figure out a way to get there and not miss the seminar at my dojo that day. >_>

Return to “Other Fine Cuisine”