(Vienna previously posted this only as a Facebook Note, guess I may as well include it)
by Vienna Teng on Saturday, June 11, 2011 at 8:15pm
Should it interest you, and with many thanks for all the recommendations that came in: my current playlist when I go for a run. Sometimes I skip a few and/or put on an episode of The MOTH in the middle.
Music becomes a different beast when I'm in motion—I absorb it as much with my whole body as I do with my ears. It gets woven into the pain of breathing, the protest of muscles, the wind and the angle of the sun, the search for that narrow hidden world between discomfort and boredom. As you can probably tell, I don't actually enjoy running most of the time. But a good soundtrack helps.
1. Massive Attack - Paradise Circus (Heligoland)
2. The Rescues - Follow Me Back Into the Sun (Let Loose the Horses)
3. Ian Axel - This Is the New Year feat. Chad Vaccarino (This Is the New Year)
4. Justin Timerlake - SexyBack (FutureSex/LoveSounds)
5. Florence + The Machine - Drumming Song (Lungs)
6. Adele - Rolling in the Deep (21)
7. Mute Math - Break The Same (Mute Math)
8. A.R. Rahman - O...Saya (Slumdog Millionaire: Music from the Motion Picture)
9. Paul Simon - Love Is Eternal Sacred Light (So Beautiful or So What)
10. Sufjan Stevens - Too Much (The Age of Adz)
11. Elbow - With Love (Build a Rocket Boys!)
"Call It What You Want" - Foster The People
So not much new there yet, but didn't want to leave people wondering what was going on.
I've seen Foster the People twice now. Great vibe, quirky instrumentation. I'm still kicking myself for not seeing them at The Independent - no way they'll play a little venue like that around here anymore.