Hyori Lee

So many delicious treats, only two ears.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Hyori Lee

Postby Ang Mo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:16 am

I am really not sold on her musical talent or ability but she definitely could be my future wife if she could dance this way while I am playing the theme song from MANNIX. Now back to my Korean studies......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRhK_gZ_MpU&feature=related
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:41 am

Sexy... but I still got my spinning girl. :D
Always look on the bright side of life.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:47 am

Sexy... but I still got my spinning girl

Excellent choice Ben! I thought the spinning girl had some real talent even though the movie I saw her in, BLOOD was not that good.

Hyori's video reminded me of an old espisode of Star Trek called, "A piece of the Action" It was about a race of aliens who had picked up old radio transmissions and tv signals from earth and replicated the language and looks of the old Chicago Gangsters. What amused me about Hyori's video was the fact it seemed like a complete replication of a Britney Spears video. After some research apparently Hyori's last album and tour were stopped because the songs were copies of a prior Britney Spears album. It was fascinating to discover this. The punishment here was self inflicted, the punishment was equal to someone taking a test and cheating off of the dumbest person in the class and getting an "F". I then watched a Vienna Teng video. Vienna just goes out and plays her instrument and sings her song. There are no explosions, no hip-hop dancers, jugglers, people being shot out of cannons, flashing lights, outrageous costumes etc. I guess the difference is Vienna is a musician and Hyori is a performer. I think Hyori will look at her own videos and feel like she was at one of those old high school pep rallies when she gets to the age of realization. I read she is working on her "comeback" album. She does have a lot of fans no doubt. I would be her biggest fan if she would dance to the theme song of MANNIX!

I apologize for posting this thread under Vienna's Kitchen, I meant to place it under other fine cuisine.[/b]
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Indeed, I was thinking that this thread was inappropriately placed....

Strangest thing - I actually watched the video yesterday at work, without sound. All I could think was "I don't think I have ever seen so many crotch shots in a single performance video in my life!" :wink:

So... should I go back and watch it again at home, with sound? Or would that be a waste of time. (Or perhaps a waist of time? :) )
Chris

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:44 am

Strangest thing - I actually watched the video yesterday at work, without sound. All I could think was "I don't think I have ever seen so many crotch shots in a single performance video in my life!
So... should I go back and watch it again at home, with sound? Or would that be a waste of time. (Or perhaps a waist of time?

I think you would be amused by the sound. The reason which I give for this is it seems incredible that someone could be jumping around, dancing, and singing , yet not be out of breath. It makes me suspicious that lip synching is involved here,. I could be wrong.

Still she has a certain quaint appeal. I personally think that I am a perfect match for her in the sense that I have a tattoo of a pit bull mated with a scorpion on one shoulder and my other shoulder has a tattoo of a box of Captain Crunch with a knife going through it and the words “Cereal Killer” Also I have the perfect wardrobe to offset her “Britney Spears Collection” I have the pork pie hat, the old fashioned “wife beater” tank top, loud boxer shorts, and of course an artistic pair of socks I can teach her all my dance moves. Well, I would if I had some. However, at my advanced age, and all though I am a crotchety old man, I think my inability to speak Korean, and not being rich enough to support a trophy wife I will have to leave that blessing up to a younger athlete more suitable to the task. I had fun watching the video though. :lol:

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:16 pm

Okay... the mental image created by those tattoos has my brain going a bit crazy....

I did go back and watch the video with sound at home over the weekend. I don't think she's lip synching. The woman (girl?) can't sing. And that is painfully apparent in the video. She can dance and she can smile. She also has a talent for constantly flicking her hair out of her face.

The song she is singing may be called 10 minutes, but personally I was glad that the video was, in real time, much shorter than that. :lol:
Chris

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:37 am

The song she is singing may be called 10 minutes, but personally I was glad that the video was, in real time, much shorter than that.

Yeah, you've got a good point there. It is sort of like when the wise old fox mated with a porcupine. He said, "It's amusing, but painful"

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:03 am

Ang Mo wrote:Excellent choice Ben! I thought the spinning girl had some real talent even though the movie I saw her in, BLOOD was not that good.

Not that good? Blood had some really great cinematography but I think the film as a whole was just horrendous. If you want to see her act, watch her psycho-supernatural drama, The Uninvited (the Korean title was "Table for 4"... I think) or Il Mare (the one Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock did a remake of).

cmooreNC wrote:Strangest thing - I actually watched the video yesterday at work, without sound. All I could think was "I don't think I have ever seen so many crotch shots in a single performance video in my life!" :wink:

And that's minus the Chairman's famous "cleavage" talks. You got to hand it to Lee for having a great body.

cmooreNC wrote:Okay... the mental image created by those tattoos has my brain going a bit crazy....

Looks like we're in the same boat, mate. Only the Chairman can conjure up such images. :lol:

cmooreNC wrote:The woman (girl?) can't sing.

Ironically, she won several singing awards in SoKor.
Always look on the bright side of life.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:41 am

I was joking around at work with a co-worker, that she dresses very Hyorish. Then after examining more of her videos she has one where right on the stage, in giant bold letters, HYORISH, with her smiling, singing, and hairflicking. (Justin Bieber) must be enraged and having his attorney looking into copyright infringement. I can hear him screaming, "She stole my hair flick"!

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Ang Mo wrote:I was joking around at work with a co-worker, that she dresses very Hyorish. Then after examining more of her videos she has one where right on the stage, in giant bold letters, HYORISH, with her smiling, singing, and hairflicking. (Justin Bieber) must be enraged and having his attorney looking into copyright infringement. I can hear him screaming, "She stole my hair flick"!

Only the young can successfully pull off the repetitious "hair flicking" without hurting themselves. If I were to try that, I'd wind up with whiplash! :lol:

I've suffered from enough "gig neck" through the years, anyway. :wink:
Chris

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:57 am

To cap it all off I offer these two videos. One of Hyori performing live at the Hollywood Bowl. I just wish I could have brought her a stripper pole and introduced myself as the rapper known as Miso Horn-ay or maybe something more gangsta like O.D.M.B. which stands for Old Dirty Mormon Bastard. What can I say, I am a hopeless romantic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpnzLcApTSk Her outfit looks like it is made out of form fitting surgical gauze. Very classy!
and of course one of her singing in English that R&B oldie "Killing me Softly"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xClCZ_yTZg
or lip syching it.
I wipe a tear from my eye. Ben is right, she does have a pretty good body.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:51 am

After buying the new $5.00 aphrodisiac Charlie Sheen Tiger's Blood off ebay I am ready to fly to Korea and marry Hyori. The stuff tasted awful, sort of like it has been strained through a homeless man's underwear with hints of Victorian underskirt. Disgusting but like the song says, you have to go through hell to get to heaven or what not. I just hope it is not a rip off like the time I gave out my ATM pincode to somebody because I would inherit a few million dollars from some King in Africa....................

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:52 pm

Ang Mo wrote:After buying the new $5.00 aphrodisiac Charlie Sheen Tiger's Blood off ebay I am ready to fly to Korea and marry Hyori. The stuff tasted awful, sort of like it has been strained through a homeless man's underwear with hints of Victorian underskirt. Disgusting but like the song says, you have to go through hell to get to heaven or what not. I just hope it is not a rip off like the time I gave out my ATM pincode to somebody because I would inherit a few million dollars from some King in Africa....................

:lol: Ain't the internet wunnerful? :wink:
Chris

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:57 am

It is, they are also throwing in a complimentary bottle of Adonis DNA which will make this trip so much easier to Korea. Normally I get airsick and have to pass that paper bag to the stewardess. Now I am invincible!

Return to “Other Fine Cuisine”