KAKI KING! My Latest Obsession...

So many delicious treats, only two ears.

Moderator: Ginny

sheeba
Hot Stranger

KAKI KING! My Latest Obsession...

Postby sheeba » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:57 pm

Kaki King is the Hiromi of instrumental acoustic guitar! For any Philly fans, she's debuting her album, Dreaming of Revenge, at World Cafe Live this Thursday night. This album is awesome...as are all her albums.

[youtube=425,355,hF9K1RXofEc]Kaki King Playing With Pink With Noise"[/youtube]

"Playing Pink With Noise": Live performance on Later With Jools Holland

[youtube=425,355,pVYp2sgA9M0]Pull Me Out Alive[/youtube]

Pull Me Out Alive Video: Made without film cameras -- it consists of over 5,000 still photographs. There are no special effects; all of the light trails were created by hand with up to eight individual "light animators" flashing LEDs and flashlights on and off over a long (8 second) shot exposure.
Last edited by sheeba on Sat May 17, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:57 pm

I imagine a lot of us first heard of her through "August Rush". Nice stuff there and here, too. (And now off to see Vienna tonight!)

Scot
Tengster

Re: KAKI KING! My Latest Obsession...

Postby Scot » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:49 pm

sheeba wrote:Kaki King is the Hiromi of instrumental acoustic guitar!

Good enuf for me; I'll add her to my list!

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

sheeba
Hot Stranger

Postby sheeba » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:55 am

Wow! Just got home from the Kaki King show...Freakin' Awesome! She was with a full band and it was a two hour show...I can't tell you the last time I saw a show that long. Anyway, Kaki's playing in Baltimore tomorrow night at the 8x10 (amazing opportunity to see her in a tiny space) and in DC the following night at the 9:30 Club. If you live in that neck of the woods, DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW!

sheeba
Hot Stranger

Postby sheeba » Sat May 17, 2008 3:39 pm

Obsession continues: Kaki King plays Gay Sons of Lesbian Mothers from the album Until We Felt Red. One of my favorites.

[youtube=425,355,SI9ke2Ju7XY]Kaki King Playing Gay Sons of Lesbian Mothers"[/youtube]

Bone Chaos In The Castle
with Dan Brantigan

[youtube=425,355,DQ_gBRcPWuI]Kaki King Playing Gay Sons of Lesbian Mothers"[/youtube]

MonsieurRosseau
Cool Stranger

Postby MonsieurRosseau » Tue May 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Which songs did she contribute to in Inland Territory?

EDIT:

Steve wrote:I imagine a lot of us first heard of her through "August Rush". Nice stuff there and here, too.

Actually, I have a kinda funny story about that. I'd heard of Kaki King from a friend, and was already a fan when we watched August Rush in Film class. The rest of the day I was in the mood for Kaki King, but I couldn't figure out why.
And then I looked it up.
Last edited by MonsieurRosseau on Tue May 26, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Tue May 26, 2009 10:52 pm

I think you'll see the full credits in the liner notes, but I recall from a recent show that Kaki played the guitar parts of No Gringo.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Tue May 26, 2009 11:03 pm

tanthalas wrote:I think you'll see the full credits in the liner notes, but I recall from a recent show that Kaki played the guitar parts of No Gringo.

Also St. Stephen's Cross.

Return to “Other Fine Cuisine”