All things Classical?

So many delicious treats, only two ears.

Moderator: Ginny

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:28 pm

Ginny wrote:I do not think Ginny shirts are a good idea,

I can't believe I missed this thread. Sign me up for a Ginny Shirt!

Oh, were we suppose to stay on topic? Sorry, C. ;)

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:14 am

Scot wrote:I can't believe I missed this thread. Sign me up for a Ginny Shirt!

Y'all are nutty. :)
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Elmira
Warm Stranger

Postby Elmira » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:39 am

Emilie Autumn has an entire album devoted to classical violin works, I think. It's called Laced/Unlaced.

I'm not too familiar with classical music, but Gustav Holst's Jupiter suite is one of my favorites. As is Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, and Prelude to the Well-Tempered Clavier, as well as Dance of the Flowers (?) from the Nutcracker.

Plus Lacrymosa from Requiem by Mozart.
I believe in airplanes.

rahau
Even Stranger

Einaudi's "Two Sunsets"

Postby rahau » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:33 am

A few months ago, I was driving down I-580 and listening to the local classical station when I heard a piece called Two Sunsets, a duet for piano and cello by Ludovico Einaudi. Thought to myself, "Day-umm, this sounds like something Vienna wrote!"

Note to Vienna and Brother Cheng: I'll bet a hundred bucks I'm not the only Warm Stranger who would love to hear what the two of you could do with this piece of music.

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:12 am

Hmmm. It's been eight months now, and I have yet to receive:

(A) A DVD or CD of Ginny in performance. Harrumph, he says.

(B) A DVD or CD of Candace's Senior Recital, or any other performance. Harrumph Part 2

(C) Any recording of any other Teng-Head in performance. H3

Thank goodness for Vienna. At least SOMEONE around here is willing to release a recording every now and then! :wink:

CandaceC
Hot Stranger

Postby CandaceC » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:17 pm

Hey now, I have a DVD. I'm just horribly technologically inept and don't know how to make parts of my recital into Youtube format XD If anyone wants to tell me how the hell to do that, Rahau would be one less harrumph.

In other news...I've had a hankering for Astor Piazzolla Tangos for two pianos four hands, esp. Libertango and some other things.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:47 pm

CandaceC wrote:Hey now, I have a DVD. I'm just horribly technologically inept and don't know how to make parts of my recital into Youtube format XD If anyone wants to tell me how the hell to do that, Rahau would be one less harrumph.

In other news...I've had a hankering for Astor Piazzolla Tangos for two pianos four hands, esp. Libertango and some other things.

Le gasp. I cannot wait to hear j00. But, I know as much about computers as I do about Pluto.

<Insert>

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:48 am

Man, what I wouldn't give to hear Vienna perform Ravel's "Sonatine." It's my favorite piano piece of all time. I'm pretty sure I've heard traces of Ravel in some of Vienna's songs.

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:18 pm

rahau wrote:Man, what I wouldn't give to hear Vienna perform Ravel's "Sonatine." It's my favorite piano piece of all time. I'm pretty sure I've heard traces of Ravel in some of Vienna's songs.

Can't say I've noticed that. I do like Ravel piano, though. Gaspard de la Nuit is a particular fave of mine. Not that I know *anything* abt playing a piano, but I've heard it's a nasty beast to perform.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

CandaceC
Hot Stranger

Postby CandaceC » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:26 am

Mmmm, Gaspard De La Nuit. Ondine is probably my favorite out of the set, although Le Gibet is a scary ass piece of work. I definitely won't be going there for a little while.

Return to “Other Fine Cuisine”