Review: Vienna Teng - "Inland Territory"

She's a helluva chef. Interpretation, praise, criticism ...

Moderator: Ginny

Jonathan Sanders
Warm Stranger

Review: Vienna Teng - "Inland Territory"

Postby Jonathan Sanders » Wed May 27, 2009 6:33 pm

http://www.stereosubversion.com/reviews ... 5-27-2009/

The full review is available via the link. Here's a short take:

"This isn’t music for passive listening. There’s too much being said to develop an understanding of what Teng’s musical and lyrical experimentation has created without conscious thought as a listener. That, however, makes it more rewarding when everything clicks into place and as a listener you put together the connective tissue to find the whole.

In turn, Inland Territory stands as an example of how subtle changes in method, genre and style can lead to great progress musically in a relatively short period of artistic development. For those seeking meaning in music, Vienna Teng’s music should not be missed by any means. The album serves as both a perfect continuation to her musical course as well as a solid way of introducing her music to the uninitiated.

It is an album which deserves to be savored."

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Thu May 28, 2009 1:54 pm

Jonathan, you nailed it. Great job! (and I left a comment to that effect on the review site)
Chris

Jonathan Sanders
Warm Stranger

Postby Jonathan Sanders » Thu May 28, 2009 6:20 pm

cmooreNC wrote:Jonathan, you nailed it. Great job! (and I left a comment to that effect on the review site)

Thanks, Chris, I appreciate it :) And I'm sure Vienna's glad to have someone like you passing her music out on the street ;)

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Fri May 29, 2009 6:27 pm

It's usually much more discreet than that..... more like hotels, homes, church.... :wink:

It's amazing to me how my "loaners" never seem to come back!
Chris

Return to “Vienna's Kitchen”