New Seedlings?

Talk with the staff. Website comments, suggestions, generous donations.

Moderators: Michele, Eric

Colombina
Howdy, Stranger!

New Seedlings?

Postby Colombina » Wed May 18, 2011 3:26 am

I've been following the seedling project since Sunrise, but I don't check the Facebook page all that regularly so I missed the newer ones... I signed up for FanBridge after they were sent.

Sooo is FanBridge still glitchy, or did I, in fact, sign up too late? Is there any way to get these recordings? I'd love to hear them!!

P.S. Been doing my part for Step 4! :P A couple months ago, I donated my bonus to a young mother struggling with finances. Next semester, I'll be doing community service in Beijing while taking a class on current social issues in China!

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Wed May 18, 2011 4:23 am

Not too late! Vienna just hasn't sent any mail in the past few days. I can get the link to you.

Thanks for sharing what you're doing for step 4! I've been trying to actively donate, instead of thinking oh, I should donate, and then not doing it.

Colombina
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Colombina » Wed May 18, 2011 5:39 am

Great, thanks for the info!

As a broke student, I feel bad I can't contribute financially to, uhh, pretty much anything right now, haha. So most of the giving I've been doing lately is of my time.

It just happened this one time that my coworkers and I got Walmart gift cards (heh) as thanks because we had to work crazy hours for a few days due to my boss's poor planning, and I figured the girl with the new baby could use it more than I could use iPod speakers, so. :oops:

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Wed May 18, 2011 6:50 am

Colombina wrote:As a broke student, I feel bad I can't contribute financially to, uhh, pretty much anything right now, haha. So most of the giving I've been doing lately is of my time.

It's like it balances out...I have money, not time. And then I feel bad because I feel like I'm not doing anything. :oops: But I really like seeing what other people come up with, in case I can steal it/be inspired - in your case, things came together with great timing!

Kalenabear
Warm Stranger

Postby Kalenabear » Wed May 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi Colombina! Welcome to the forum. :) Your reseeding efforts are so inspiring that I just wanted to thank you for sharing them. Wow, your entire bonus? Aww, that's so nice! I think you're off to a great start-- donating your time can be just as effective and valuable as giving money.

I'm in the same boat as Michele: I'm lucky to not worry about finances, but my time is pretty limited. (Or, you know, I need to learn how to prioritize better. Prioritize is at the top of my priority list! :p) So, I've donated to some organizations and signed up for my local Habitat for Humanity a few days ago. My schedule is bursting at the seams, but I've had my sights on Habitat for awhile. If I had it my way, I'd always go for projects that allow me to directly and personally meet the recipients of my help. But, alas...This reseeding project is cool because there are infinite ways to contribute and pay things forward. Scale is all relative. What's equal parts inspiring and disheartening, though, is that there are infinitesimal groups that need help.

By the way, Michele, you (and Erik?) do plenty of good work by maintaining the website! Those concert notifications and vee-logs (;))are great, too. Thanks! :)

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Wed May 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi, Columbina!
I agree with Kalenabear completely. I'm stretched very thin for time so I try to do my part with donations (poverty/hunger/environmental/arts causes, mostly), altho I did get a chance to do a little mini-volunteer eco-cleanup thing a couple of months ago. I wish I had time to do more of that and I think you should be proud that you find the time.
Nice to see you on the forum, please don't be a stranger. Or please do be a Stranger (Howdy, Cool, Warm, etc.), whatever. ;)
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Wed May 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Kalenabear wrote:By the way, Michele, you (and Erik?) do plenty of good work by maintaining the website! Those concert notifications and vee-logs (;))are great, too. Thanks! :)

Thanks, we try! Erik does add in a few concert schedule updates every once in a while, but mainly he sacrifices show enjoyment and physical comfort for filming. We're working on trying to figure out how to upload our older vids so they show up properly on YouTube.

As for the vlog pronunciation, as Vienna says, Wikipedia knows all. Showing our age with the VJ carryover...

Return to “VT.com Machine Room”