live album USB drive details

Talk with the staff. Website comments, suggestions, generous donations.

Moderators: Michele, Eric

judytuna
Howdy, Stranger!

live album USB drive details

Postby judytuna » Sat May 08, 2010 1:31 am

Heya!

I already ordered it, but I'm still curious, and with the internet, I don't want to wait for the May 17 shipping date to find out (haha), so here goes: What format will the audio be on the USB key for The Moment Always Vanishing? The store description only says "all the audio from the CD" (with no format at all), and the news item says "all the audio from the CD (full-quality and MP3)"

... Does this mean it'll come with each track in two formats, one "full-quality" and the other mp3? What format is the "full-quality" one?

Any word on the extra goodies? Or what format the movie will be in?

I'm excited. Thanks a lot!
~judy

Vienna
Warm Stranger

Re: live album USB drive details

Postby Vienna » Sat May 08, 2010 6:15 am

Hi judytuna, and thanks for ordering the album already!

We're putting both the original WAV files and MP3 versions of the album tracks on the USB drive. We thought about converting to FLAC, a lossless compression format, but fewer people have FLAC-compatible music players.

The bonus set (4 songs, 2 song intros) will also be WAV and MP3.

The concert videos (4 songs from Joe's Pub) are in WMV format. We're putting some other video clips on there, not sure what format they're in...MOV (Quicktime) I think.

Hope that helps!

judytuna wrote:Heya!

I already ordered it, but I'm still curious, and with the internet, I don't want to wait for the May 17 shipping date to find out (haha), so here goes: What format will the audio be on the USB key for The Moment Always Vanishing? The store description only says "all the audio from the CD" (with no format at all), and the news item says "all the audio from the CD (full-quality and MP3)"

... Does this mean it'll come with each track in two formats, one "full-quality" and the other mp3? What format is the "full-quality" one?

Any word on the extra goodies? Or what format the movie will be in?

I'm excited. Thanks a lot!
~judy

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Tue May 11, 2010 12:50 pm

Hey, judytuna, congrats on luring Vienna out of lurk mode! :lol:

Good questions.

And thanks for the answers, Ms. T. :D
Chris

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Tue May 11, 2010 2:05 pm

cmooreNC wrote:...congrats on luring Vienna out of lurk mode! :lol: ...

Yeah, Chris, I tend to forget that the central subject of all this activity actually reads our undying prose. Must watch P's and Q's. ;) BTW hope you enjoy the Dar show.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

Stolen-moments
Howdy, Stranger!

usb drive details

Postby Stolen-moments » Tue May 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Hello everyone,
Just bought the USB Drive @ last nites show in Portland. One of the 1st to get it, I think. The book never made it to the venue, so my Seattle friends will have the first peak at it.
UPS was expected to deliver the supply of books to the venue. It seems that they went to the home of the venue owner and they never made it to the venue. I waited about 30 min after the show ended and finally gave up. (I had gotten my time with Vienna and Alex.)
The USB is a sharp looking little thing and I willingly took the brave step away from the physical cd to the metaphysical digital device. I remember getting on the slippery slope to the digital age all those years ago when I bought my first compact disc- it had bonus tracks!
The contents- for 20$
7 folders appear:
1- the album in wav format
2- the album in mp3 format
2- album bonus tracks in wav format, 6 tracks
4- as above in mp3 format
5- making of Inland Territory video blogs, 4 of them
6- Joe's Pub videos, 4 songs
and and and
7- a thank you recorded by Vienna and Alex just before the show at Mississippi Studios thanking the first purchasers of the USB. All of 30 seconds but very fun. I wonder if they will do this 'fresh' before every show on the tour. That would be a unique greeting to the fans buying the USBs at each show.
Anyway, I hope that this gets folks interested in this item. The cds are only 10$. The book is 30$. Alex has a cd collection for 10$ and the Paper Raincoat cd is 15$.
Enjoy the shows!
Stolen-moments

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Tue May 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Fred wrote:BTW hope you enjoy the Dar show.

Thanks, Fred. I intend to! Based on your previous recommendations, I'm looking forward to following up on this one. :)
Chris

Fred
Tengster

Re: usb drive details

Postby Fred » Wed May 12, 2010 2:28 am

Stolen-moments wrote:Hello everyone...!

Hi, Stolen-moments! Thanks for all the info & glad to see you on the forum.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Thu May 13, 2010 3:14 am

For those interested, the company that did the video has posted 4 songs from that night at Joe's Pub up on youtube here. Don't know if these are different that the ones on the usb?

marathonmark
Cool Stranger

Postby marathonmark » Thu May 13, 2010 6:06 am

micro wrote:For those interested, the company that did the video has posted 4 songs from that night at Joe's Pub up on youtube here. Don't know if these are different that the ones on the usb?

Thanks for the link. The video and sound quality are excellent and I loved the feel of them. From the descriptions there it sounds to me like those are the ones on the USB.

Return to “VT.com Machine Room”