differences on the CDs that can be bought online

Talk with the staff. Website comments, suggestions, generous donations.

Moderators: Michele, Eric

arcsol
Warm Stranger

differences on the CDs that can be bought online

Postby arcsol » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:49 am

so an aunt is unexpectedly coming home from the US. which means, among others, a chance to get some VT merch free of shipping. i'm planning to get IT and the music sheet... and maybe, just maybe, virgin copies of the other three CDs for backup/storage/other purposes. (if the budget can handle it)

now for the meat: what's the difference of the CDs bought from Rounder, the Merch page, Amazon and the ones you can buy from brick-n-mortar shops? wikipedia says the 'bonus track' version has that acoustic version of Antebellum. from where do i get that?

also, amazon pre-order exclusives have 14 tracks? lucky people you are.

thanks for the input!
A VT fan from the Philippines?

Do check out the 2014 Vienna Teng PHILIPPINES tour thread!

Drop a line and say hi! Post on the thread, leave a PM if you want, or send an email at marc dot a dot public at gmail dot com so we can make this happen!

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:22 am

The download from Amazon gets you an acoustic version of Antebellum, and then you can buy an acoustic version of White Light.

As for the hard copy CDs, theres no difference in those. If you buy a copy of IT that you can physically hold, it'll have 12 songs on it, no matter where you buy it from.

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Postby arcsol » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:07 am

so what's with the price difference? Rounder's price is two dollars lower than the site's merch page. *dundundunduuuunnnn*

Drop a line and say hi! Post on the thread, leave a PM if you want, or send an email at marc dot a dot public at gmail dot com so we can make this happen!

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:58 pm

arcsol wrote:so what's with the price difference? Rounder's price is two dollars lower than the site's merch page. *dundundunduuuunnnn*

it's the fact that the merch page goes through a different seller than rounder. Rounder sells straight from their warehouse, or something like it. Choice Merchandise doesn't produce the CDs, so they have to order them through someone else.

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:51 am

The cd from Amazon is the same as elsewhere. The bonus track, White Light acoustic version, is a digital download. It was a free bonus w/ pre-release orders but it's still available for purchase.

Antebellum acoustic version, iirc, is an iTunes exclusive and is also still available for purchase. iTunes also has some versions of Vienna's music, not IT, from World Cafe Live available for purchase.

Wikipedia gives the impression that there is a physical cd with the extra tracks on it. We've never see one but maybe it exists?

If you're looking for something different, on ebay there are IT promo cd's available from time to time. Same 12 tracks w/ a different silk screen design on the cd and packaged in a cardboard slipcase w/ a pic of Vienna on the front. Also seen on ebay was a promo version w/ 2 cds, one with the 12 regular tracks and one w/ 12 instrumental versions. Not sure if this version is legit or not but a copy went for somewhere north of $70, iirc. Don't know what folks think about people selling these promos that were provided free to the industry but they are out there.

And if you don't have it already, consider the Live DVD, it's region 0 NTSC, IIRC.

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Postby arcsol » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:03 pm

hm. i'd like to make life easier for my aunt, since i'm just asking a favor. where's the best place to order the VT stuff i listed (and maybe more)? i don't have much experience in online shopping (with the post office situation here, overseas shipping is too much of a pain, cost and uncertainty for me).

thanks for the inputs guys.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:27 pm

arcsol wrote:hm. i'd like to make life easier for my aunt, since i'm just asking a favor. where's the best place to order the VT stuff i listed (and maybe more)? i don't have much experience in online shopping (with the post office situation here, overseas shipping is too much of a pain, cost and uncertainty for me).

thanks for the inputs guys.

Well, if you plan on getting the sheet music book and the DVD, you could just haver order it all from the merch page. Or she could order the sheet music and DVD from the page only, and then go out to a store to buy the CDs.

The second option would be easier. You can usually find her CDs in a Barnes and Noble music section, or a Border's Books music section, but i've seen copies of the first two CDs in Best Buy, once.

Return to “VT.com Machine Room”