recordings I need for sheet music creation

Talk with the staff. Website comments, suggestions, generous donations.

Moderators: Michele, Eric

dbeattie
Hot Stranger

recordings I need for sheet music creation

Postby dbeattie » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:49 pm

Hi everybody... this is a special request, directed at just a few people on the forum--anybody who has recorded any of Vienna's shows. Everybody else, please ignore this. ;)

So as you know, in December I completed the Waking Hour sheet music book. In communicating with Vienna's management since then, it has become clear that while sheet music for Warm Strangers and Dreaming Through The Noise is important, creating an album-matching book for the as-yet-unreleased "Inland Territory" is even more important. Now clearly, when I make the sheet music, I'll be working from the album recordings primarily, as always. But except in the case of songs which are truly piano and voice only (which hasn't happened since the "Green Island Serenade" bonus track on Warm Strangers), it always helps for me to listen to live recordings of the songs being played by Vienna (and her touring band) live in concert, because the arrangements are simpler, and more suited to making sheet music from.

For songs from Vienna's first three albums, I usually just download stuff from the live music archive on archive.org. But, in compliance with Vienna's live show taping policy, nobody is allowed to post any recordings from Inland Territory until after the album is released. In fact, the way I read the policy, this goes for sharing the concert recordings in any form, not just posting them online. So if we need an official exception granted from Vienna or her management for what I'm about to ask for, I can/will ask for it. In the mean time, essentially, what I need is, copies of any and all live recordings I can get my hands on, for songs which might be on the new "Inland Territory" album,... and I need them ASAP. :) So.... if you happen to have such a recording, and are willing to help, then let me know.

Thanks!
--David Beattie (Vienna Teng sheet music transcriber)

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:09 pm

I've got recordings for Grandmother Song, Antebellum, and In Another Life that I can send your way. Is there any particular way you want me to send these recordings (through e-mail, via an upload service, etc.)?
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile
http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

dbeattie
Hot Stranger

Postby dbeattie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:33 am

Reileen wrote:I've got recordings for Grandmother Song, Antebellum, and In Another Life that I can send your way. Is there any particular way you want me to send these recordings (through e-mail, via an upload service, etc.)?

Do you still use AIM? I use AIM and Yahoo (and have MSN messenger available if needed) and for people with high speed internet connections, I prefer instant messaging file transfers as the easiest way. My screen names are all linked to my forum profile. Otherwise, private message me and I can send you a link for uploading the files to a private website of mine.

--David

Elmira
Warm Stranger

Postby Elmira » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:21 am

I have recordings of Antebellum, Kansas, and Grandmother Song, but I'm not sure about the quality. My yahoo is omicron_mira.
I believe in airplanes.

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:15 am

I've got:

Stray Italian Greyhound
Kansas
Antebellum
Grandmother Song
The Last Snowfall

All of them are high-quality soundboard recordings (thanks to Bob!). I can PM you a link as soon as I get an okay from V or Michelle.

I don't recall there being a live version of Grandmother Song with a piano though.

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:05 am

tanthalas wrote:All of them are high-quality soundboard recordings (thanks to Bob!). I can PM you a link as soon as I get an okay from V or Michelle.

Welp, I did ask Vie and didn't hear back, this thread's still here and the album is out, so I guess go for it :shock:

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:28 am

Cool. In that case, it's done!

Digital
Hot Stranger

Postby Digital » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:20 am

David,

I have a solo recording of Vienna's Rams Head date - 12/4/08. From IT, she played: In Another Life, Kansas, Antebellum, The Last Snowfall, Grandmother Song.

Let me know if you are interested.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:51 am

The cafe Vivaldi shows just went on recently, so if bootlegs surface form those, you'll have the whole album live.

Just thought I'd throw that out there :wink:

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:55 am

I'm pretty sure (hopeful?) that the people who bothered to pay $50 for each show are good enough fans to not let the recordings leak out to the interwebs.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:06 am

tanthalas wrote:I'm pretty sure (hopeful?) that the people who bothered to pay $50 for each show are good enough fans to not let the recordings leak out to the interwebs.

Well, in any case, i'm sure that there will be bootlegs sometime soon... (hopeful look)

Digital
Hot Stranger

Postby Digital » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:46 pm

I'm certainly not going to be broadcasting the recordings all over the place. The Caffe Vivaldi recordings are supposed to be a thanks for helping support a troubled venue. I'm treating it in the same way that we don't release recordings with new tracks until they are officially released. If Vienna wishes to have these recordings "in the wild" so to speak, I'm sure she'll let us know.

Return to “VT.com Machine Room”