Sheet Music: Gravity (Lake Version)

Talk with the staff. Website comments, suggestions, generous donations.

Moderators: Michele, Eric

CandaceC
Hot Stranger

Postby CandaceC » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:11 am

If your smallest division is a sixteenth note, you'd count, for each measure "1-e-and-a, 2-e-and-a, 3-e-and-a, 4-e-and-a" or however you learned how to count 16th notes, while you played.

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:28 am

CandaceC wrote:If your smallest division is a sixteenth note, you'd count, for each measure "1-e-and-a, 2-e-and-a, 3-e-and-a, 4-e-and-a" or however you learned how to count 16th notes, while you played.

Let's pretend that I really did learn how to count 16th notes, and thus I'll thank you for your advice! :D *goes to try this on some of her songs*
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile
http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

Luminosity
Warm Stranger

Postby Luminosity » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:28 am

Back when I took piano lessons, my teacher taught me to count "wa-ter-me-lon wa-ter-me-lon wa-ter-me-lon wa-ter-me-lon." And for waltzes, "straw-ber-ry straw-ber-ry straw-ber-ry."

Hey, I was a kid then, alright? :roll:

CandaceC
Hot Stranger

Postby CandaceC » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:34 pm

Hahaha, I got...

Quarter - One
Half - Dog-gie
Triplet - Strawberry
Sixteenth - Mis-sis-sip-pi

Funnily enough it was after I learned how to count sixteenths. I think we used it as a transition in and out of triplets.

My dad came up with a really hysterical one after I started teaching my own students, just in case I had one who fed their money to department stores...and other stores...like I do:

Quarter - Mall
Half - Ma-cy's
Triplet - Straw-bri-dge's (It's an East Coast thing? They all got shut down to Macy's recently.)
Sixteenth - Lord-and-Tay-lor

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Postby arcsol » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:56 am

OMG. i just read this. thanks a lot dbeattie
A VT fan from the Philippines?

Do check out the 2014 Vienna Teng PHILIPPINES tour thread!

Drop a line and say hi! Post on the thread, leave a PM if you want, or send an email at marc dot a dot public at gmail dot com so we can make this happen!

WintermoonSnow
Warm Stranger

Postby WintermoonSnow » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:19 pm

Wow, thanks so much ! I can't play piano yet but I'm going to be taking it in school soon and I look forward to being able to one day play Vienna songs.

10milesfromnowhere
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby 10milesfromnowhere » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:20 pm

Thanks heaps for the free sheets!

This really made me want to have the other sheets as well - and versus spending ages transcribing it myself (do you do the "loop 5 seconds of music until you've got it" thing too?) I'm really just a lazy sight-reader who grabs a sheet where she can ;) I only transcribe when I really need/want to, grin.

So, I ordered the 3-sheet-bundle and until that gets here I'm playing the lake version (put it on YouTube as well with a link back here, hope that's OK).
Thank you for saving me the trouble of deflecting that personal question with a joke.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:16 pm

10milesfromnowhere wrote:Thanks heaps for the free sheets!

This really made me want to have the other sheets as well - and versus spending ages transcribing it myself (do you do the "loop 5 seconds of music until you've got it" thing too?) I'm really just a lazy sight-reader who grabs a sheet where she can ;) I only transcribe when I really need/want to, grin.

So, I ordered the 3-sheet-bundle and until that gets here I'm playing the lake version (put it on YouTube as well with a link back here, hope that's OK).

I seed her versioN! Its amazingggggg

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Postby arcsol » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:52 am

sorry to revive this thread, but the link to the pdf is down :( can anyone send me the pdf? my computer crashed taking with it that sheet, among others. thanks :D
A VT fan from the Philippines?

Do check out the 2014 Vienna Teng PHILIPPINES tour thread!

Drop a line and say hi! Post on the thread, leave a PM if you want, or send an email at marc dot a dot public at gmail dot com so we can make this happen!

Quentin
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Quentin » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Hi I am new to this forum but I've been a fan for years.
I'm currently learning to play the piano (mostly thanks to vienna^^) and when I saw that this sheet was free I was delighted, it's an amazing song but sadly the link is down.

I would really appreciate it if someone could revive it^^
Thanks a lot in advance and greetings from Belgium ;)

chigaijin
Warm Stranger

Re: Sheet Music: Gravity (Lake Version)

Postby chigaijin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:08 am

Just re-stumbled-upon this topic, saw the link down, saw the posts from two years ago requesting an updated link…

Fortunately a quick Google search shows it available on Scribd: http://www.scribd.com/doc/14305790/Vien ... ke-Version

Were this any other song it would be a bad thing, but since David released this one free (with Vienna's blessing, I assume?) I'm just glad to have it!

Return to “VT.com Machine Room”